Auto req ID:
Supports the FedEx Ground Facility electro-mechanical maintenance effort through basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/industrial electrical operational knowledge of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance and repair.
- Performs assigned basic preventative maintenance work according to FXG standards ensuring all instructions are followed and that each step is executed fully.
- Responds promptly to sort calls; diagnoses the failure; makes required repairs.
- Performs basic troubleshooting techniques on all material handling systems to diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical and control system problems.
- Ability to use the CMMS (Computer Maintenance Management System) to enter and retrieve activity log information and reports.
- Adheres to safety standards by promoting a safe work environment through attending safety committees, training, and verifying all safety concerns are addressed.
- May be required to work flexible schedules, including Saturdays and Sundays, and on rotating shift assignments including day-time, midnight and sunrise schedule
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, or maintenance engineering technology preferred.
Four (4) years (or 2 years with preferred degree) light industrial maintenance experience to include:
- Basic power transmission and/or fabrication and/or residential/commercial/electrical or machine controls
- Basic related troubleshooting skills
- Basic mechanical or electrical installation
- Four (4) years (or two (2) with degree) related military technical experience in electrical and/or mechanical trades will be considered equivalent to the minimum light industrial experience requirements.
Required Skills, Abilities and / or Licensure
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions to complete routine procedures and/or operate standard equipment.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with immediate management.
- Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to elevate issues and assist in development of effective and efficient solutions.
Either mechanical or electrical knowledge to include the following:
- Basic electrical knowledge through residential, commercial or industrial environment or technical school
- Basic mechanical knowledge including power transmission, and/or fabrication skills
- Preferred basic motor wiring or mechanical requirements
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical troubleshooting abilities.
- Basic mechanical and/or electrical installation
15904 Impact Way