The Men's Wearhouse and Jos A. Bank are transforming the shopping experience for its customers to drive growth and profitability. You will be responsible for driving end-to-end research projects to improve our understanding of customer and consumer behaviors, as well as market forces affecting our business. You will report to the Director, Customer Insights & Analytics and be part of the fast-growing Strategy & Analytics team, responsible for driving profitable growth through analytics and data science.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Partner with Marketing, Merchandising, Store Operations, and other teams to define and execute customer and general population research to support strategic business objectives
- Design and execute market research projects, market size and share, and opportunity analysis projects and develop capabilities for ongoing insight sharing
- Own market share and competitive monitoring and trends by consolidating and analyzing data from external vendor and sources across the company
- Manage research tools and platforms for the team, and provide guidance to ancillary platforms run by other teams
- Play the Center of Excellence role for research and insights, helping cross-functionally on the front-end to ensure first- and third-party research is optimally designed, and on the back-end to ensure that it’s fully synthesized, consolidated and leveraged.
- Translate results and findings into actionable and easy to consume insights for both executives and execution teams
- Partner with other Strategy & Analytics team members to continually improve our collective understanding of growth and profit drivers, and the tools and methods we use to conduct analytics
- Be an evangelist in the company for the power of data-driven decision-making.
- Move easily between complex, technical activities and communicating insights to execs.
- Have excellent analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Have persuasive verbal and written communications skills.
- Have deep expertise in selecting and working with research vendors, survey design and execution, and data analysis and synthesis
- Have deep expertise in research methodologies and statistical analysis
- Have deep expertise in research tools (eg, Qualtrics)
- Have deep expertise in market share products (eg, Nielsen, IRI, NPD)
- Have expertise working in SQL
- Have expertise working in Tableau, Looker, etc.
- Have expertise working in Excel, PowerPoint
- Have exceptionally high intellectual curiosity and work ethic.
- Highly detail-oriented and results-oriented
- 5+ years hands-on experience working on market research, market analysis, or consumer research
- Degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, mathematics, operations research, computer science or engineering, or relevant #LI-AS1 #TBindeed
02098A Corporate Office 6100 Stevenson Blvd Fremont 94538-2453
Strategy & Analytics
Tailored Shared Services