Private family in Washington, D.C.seeks experienced live-in professional Nanny to assist with the care of their 3 boys (6,8,10).
The chosen candidate should be able to anticipate proactively the needs of the children and family.
This position is 5-6 days a week.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage life of children: wake-up, get off to school, meals when at home.
- Supervision of homework, management of calendar.
- Coordination of sports equipment and uniforms
- Bedtime if parents aren’t home.
- Driving to school/sports/etc.
- Coordination of playdates
- Supervision of hygiene (nails, teeth, hair, showers, etc.).
- Ensure house is picked up at end of day, groceries, some laundry.
- Other needs as they arise to ensure happy, smooth-running home.
- Require patience (no yelling!), love, upbeat attitude.
- Partnership with parents to have consistent rules and consequences.
- Ensuring the safety of the children at all times.
- Running errands and procuring children supplies as needed.
- Excellent references required from current and previous employers
- Minimum 1-year related experience working for private residences with children
- Academic Teaching, Childcare, Child Psychology background is a plus
- Certification in CPR & First Aid
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently
- Polished, poised, and professional
- Loyal and discreet
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills
- Flexibility to work overtime, nights and weekends
- Valid driver’s license
- Valid United States work authorization
This is a live-in position with accommodation (fully furnished bedroom and bathroom) provided by the family in Washington, D.C.
Major holidays off – Christmas, New Year’s, Fourth of July, Thanksgiving. Also, the nanny will have off when the family is on vacation (2-4 weeks per year). The boys are gone for the month of July, so very light month. Health insurance will be provided.
Start as soon as possible.
This is a full-time position. The salary is $75K-$90K but DOE.
Interested candidates who meet (or exceed) the needs of this wonderful opportunity should email Sebastian Hirsch with full work history and written references.
Due to the volume of employment applications received, BUTLER FOR YOU is unable to respond to each application individually. Applicants will be contacted directly if selected as a candidate.
- Kostenloses oder vergünstigtes Essen
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $90,000.00 /year