The Corporate Staff Accountant assures accurate and timely recording of all transactions of Dexter Apache Holdings, Inc. by implementing disciplines of internal controls, and checks across all departments. The Corporate Staff Accountant will help prepare and maintain financial records to track holding company’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, and other related financial activities. This position is located in Fairfield, Iowa will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer or Corporate Controller.
- Responsible for maintaining the general ledger.
- Responsible for coding invoices, reconciling general ledger accounts and helping close the monthly books.
- Responsible for verifying and completing payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Responsible for cash management through daily cash reconciliation.
- Responsible for providing outside auditors with assistance; gathering necessary account information and documents to perform the annual audit.
- Protects assets by enforcing internal controls.
- Responsible for assisting in the annual consolidated business plan/budget process and other financial planning.
- Responsible for daily management of corporate-wide fringe benefit programs and program components.
Essential education, licenses, certifications, skills and experience:
- CPA and / or Public Accounting preferred
- 2+years of progressive experience in accounting function
- Analytical skills
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a broad team environment
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Advanced computer proficiency
As a leading 100% employee-owned company, Dexter Apache Holdings, Inc. has been serving customers for more than 125 years. Headquartered in Fairfield, Iowa, with over 1,000 employees, Dexter Apache Holdings has a rich heritage of delivering high-quality, innovative products and services to our customers and business partners. Our unique company structure empowers our employee owners, creating a highly efficient, service-oriented environment where excellence thrives.
Our diverse business interests include manufacturing, distribution, financial services, mission critical technology and communications. Successfully serving customers around the world, we proudly manufacture all of our products right here in the USA. Our location enables us to maintain superior quality service while manufacturing unbeatable products. Our collective expertise provides a distinct competitive advantage to our customers. That, combined with a drive for shared innovation and a commitment to lean manufacturing principles, ensures that our customers always get the very best.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off