As an integral part of the Marketing Department, the Senior Product Specialist is responsible for managing the product onboarding and training process, supervising the product marketing team, and overseeing the Teq vendor portfolio. The Senior Product Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all sales, technical, curriculum development and mentoring staff (online and on-site) are trained, tested, and refreshed on products to maintain a high level of knowledge and skills as they relate to their role: customer training, product set up and troubleshooting, product demonstrations, etc. This role reports to the VP of Marketing.
- Assist the VP of Marketing to manage the Teq brand as it relates to products and vendors
- Responsible for product P&L
- Onboard new product lines and Negotiate re-seller agreements
- Responsible for managing product performance: pipeline, sales, margin, and performance analysis
- Leading the business development, approvals, training, and communication of new products/product changes and their associated customer, operational, system, & process impacts
- Responsible for providing the sales, technical, operations, and professional development teams with the necessary expertise to enable them to either sell or support products, including printed and electronic promotional and product training materials.
- Responsible for reviewing product data to ensure that the salesforce is current on new developments regarding the companies or competitors’ products and pricing.
- Monitor industry trends and competitive landscape, along with existing and future client requirements, to ensure that Teq solutions are addressing client needs
- Work closely with our sales team on selling activities and client briefings to ensure top line revenue objectives are being supported. This will include calls and field visits to customers to drive demand for the products and collecting customer feedback
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Performance manage a team of product specialists by developing clear monthly expectations based on business objectives and KPIs.
- Execute on department strategy and possess a strong passion to support sales and work collaboratively with sales management.
- Has strong financial and analytical skills, with proven experience in translating complex business issues into clear goals and measuring against those goals on a consistent basis.
- The ability to confidently and effectively articulate ideas to technical and non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization, as well as to internal or external teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a vendor management role, which included purchasing, marketing, and/or finance. Education industry experience preferred.
- Excellent teambuilding and collaboration skills
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills to effectively maintain vendor relationships
- Demonstrated success launching technology-based products to a sales team
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Salary Range
- Insurance: Medical, FSA, DCA, Dental, Vision, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement plan information: 401(k)
- Paid time off: 16 Paid Days Off ,Plus 13 Paid Holidays
Teq is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Vendor Management: 2 years (Preferred)