Numerous other benefits, with an estimated $20,000 value (medical, 401k matching, paid time off, profit sharing, Christmas Bonus, etc.)
Under the immediate supervision of the Purchasing Manager is responsible for producing detailed working construction drawings for all assigned projects.
Each assigned home is drawn three times. Once based upon contract, second after preconstruction meeting and lot inspection with customer change orders and a final after estimating has developed the purchase orders for the job.
- Assist in the design and preparation of plans for new models, and update existing models, with an emphasis on value engineering.
- Maintain legends and window and door schedules for each base house drawing in the data base and on each contract specific drawing.
- Update plans to reflect feature and specification changes.
- Plan changes and reschedule in response to field complications and visits.
- Complete draft revisions within a standard time frame.
- Maintains updated plans for sales persons as well as master model plans for inhouse use.
- Reduce any office related variances through clarifications of plans (accurate plans with sufficient detail).
- Position homes on lots as part of the drawing system and produce or order plot plans for assigned homes.
- Submit information for building permits for receipt within a designated time frame.
- Interpret and implement building code changes into the base plan data base of working drawings.
- Prepare standard interior and exterior details.
- Prepare start package (blueprints, plot plans, permits, etc.) for assigned jobs.
- Check all first drafts for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide technical support for other departments.
- Prepare inked floor plans for sales brochures.
- Communicate any substantial plan changes to Director of Purchasing/Estimating/Drafting.
PREREQUISITES FOR SUCCESS:
- Attention to detail.
- Taking task to completion.
- Working on multiple tasks.
- Always looking for better way.
- Good time management.
- Willingness to put in extra effort.
- Change orders reflected on plans in a timely fashion
- Timeliness of each drawing assigned.
- Number of drafting assignments completed during the period.
- VPOs coded to “plan error” variance codes.
REPORTS TO: Purchasing Manager
WORKS WITH: Construction staff, estimating staff, other draftsmen, new product design team
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour