Big Data Software Engineer – Digital Solutions
What you will do
Software Engineers in the Johnson Controls Digital Solutions work with teams throughout Building Technology & Solutions business and all of other channels. They are responsible for connecting our products and services to bring insights, efficiency, reliability, and value to our partners and customers.
The Software Engineers build and operate the infrastructure and systems to make the connectivity possible. They work on back-end big data systems to store and manage data, with modern full-stack client tools to make use of that data on the web and in other applications, with data analysis tools to process the data, and with our product engineers to embed connectivity.
How you will do it
- Plan, Develop, Test, and Document software for connecting asset, people, places and other software and data products to the JCI Cloud and Data Platform
- Enhance and assist with the operations of the JCI Cloud and Data Platform
- Work with other software developers and data scientists to embed protocols and libraries in JCI products, and with our partner’s products
- Work with Product Management to define product features, and with our organization to communicate features to our sales channels, support organizations, and our customers
- Occasional travel will be required
What we look for
- BS in Computer Science/Electrical or Computer Engineer, or has a degree and demonstrated technical abilities in similar areas.
- Has strong written skills and the ability to effective communicate technical analyses and results to business management
- Ability to learn new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to adapt to changing requirements while staying true to the final end goal.
- Experience with SQL and multiple Relational Database Management Systems with non-trivial databases.
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with network programming and distributed systems
- Demonstrable knowledge and skills with security, authentication, and authorization in distributed systems and the web
- Hands-on experience with public clouds such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, or the Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with Big Data management systems such as Hadoop or Spark
- Familiarity with front-end web development and single-page HTML5 applications
- Software development for embedded systems
Primary LocationUS-CA-Santa Clara
Organization Bldg Technologies & Solutions