The Face of the Practice (Check-In/Checkout) Job Description The face of the practice is the first person patients meet upon entering an MHS clinic. The “front desk” is responsible for delivering on The MHS Experience from the moment the patient walks into the door. This individual is passionate about customer retention, is organized, can effectively prioritize on the fly, and can be trusted to smile and deliver the best service - consistently.
The person that works the at check-in/checkout knows they are the gateway to patient satisfaction and practice success.
The face of the practice must possess the following characteristics:
- Positive, upbeat, and engaging personality
Ability to multitask between phone calls, in-person questions, and a busy front desk environment Exhibits professionalism and attention to detail
- Practices HIPAA best practices, and adheres to related policies and procedures
- Confidence in problem solving and ability to prioritize on the fly
- Works collaboratively with healthcare providers and administrative staff
- Willing to coach peers and colleagues on best practices
- Passionate about being the gateway to patient satisfaction and practice success
- Dependable, efficient, and strives for excellence in customer satisfaction
- Professional, patient-focused, timely, reliable, and capable of working within a team
The face of the practice will possess at a minimum the following qualifications:
- Minimum three years in one role as a receptionist, medical practice experience preferred
- Post secondary education preferred, or equivalent business experience
- Capable of navigating EMR, specific experience with Epic preferred
- Demonstrated performance in customer service roles, measured by retention, sales, engagement, satisfaction, or other notable outcomes/results
Assessing Performance The five primary areas for performance evaluation will include:
- Ability to proactively engage with patients in the waiting room to increase knowledge of while they are waiting, improve patient satisfaction, and drive The MHS Experience
- Effectiveness and efficiency in completing insurance verifications and collections of co-pays
- Accuracy of cash box at the end of the day
- Adherence to HIPAA best practices, policies, and procedures
- Positive contributions to the MHS culture and ability to exhibit The MHS Experience Additional Questions to Evaluate Success
- How informed are patients of what’s happening while they are waiting, and at the time they are getting called back?
- How organized is your desk?
- How easy is it to keep your cash box balanced and accurate?
- Are you keeping up with insurance verifications?
- How are you doing with collecting copays?
- Are you able to provide support to fax overflows, requests from patients from other team members, and generally lend a hand when asked?
- Do you find it rewarding to engage with patients while they are waiting for an MHS provider?
- How willing are you to offer a suggestion to enhance patient satisfaction and loyalty
Job Type: Full-time
- Medical Receptionist: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical Assistant (Required)