Average pay: $72,000 per year
Accelerated pay based on experience
Sign-on bonus: $10,000
Day 1 benefits: Medical, dental, vision, and company-paid life insurance
401(k) with annual company match and paid holidays and sick time after your first 90 days
This location offers short-haul routes in the northeast; you'll be home with your family almost daily
McLane Foodservice Albany is located in Guilderland Center, New York. It serves customers in upstate and western New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 124 years of success. We’re looking for teammates with perseverance who don’t mind taking the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we’ll pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that’s an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You’re the person they see week after week. You’ll develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you’ll perform on each route will ensure you’re never bored. You’ll deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
Essential Job Functions/Principal Accountabilities
- All McLane drivers must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A) and at least 1 year or 50,000 miles of tractor-trailer driving experience.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
- Stacking and sorting delivered goods
- Making pickups as needed
- Checking vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip
- Checking load inventories against invoices for accuracy
- Unloading via ramp and hand cart
- Securing empty pallets in truck
- Maintaining the cleanliness of your truck
- Returning equipment following use
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A)
- Have a minimum of 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer driving experience
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to materials and trailer equipment
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets weighing up to 75 pounds
- Undergo a background check and a drug test
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability