The Project Manager will act as a liaison between the Superintendent and clients & between the Superintendent and contractors/vendors. This person will be responsible for preparing/maintaining progress schedules, preparing monthly progress payments, preparing change orders, checking shop drawings, negotiating material and equipment buyouts, and preparing cost and progress reports. This position will require a high degree of autonomy and decision making with respect to decisions that may ultimately affect the schedule and profitability of assigned projects.
- Establish relationships with clients/subcontractors to enhance the ability to perform negotiated work.
- Recommend strategies to improve project profitability/quality & implement strategies as directed.
- Track actual labor and material costs vs. estimated to ensure the job stays within budget.
- Material takeoffs, Change orders, Punch-outs, and Close-outs.
- Analyzes job risks and develops solutions to eliminate those risks.
- Identify and resolve issues that have the ability to jeopardize agreed upon deliverables.
- Enforces safety with peers and subordinates.
- Ability to see projects through to completion on time and within budget.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients and vendors.
- Effective communication, leadership and decision-making abilities.
- Working knowledge of concrete construction equipment/techniques, drawing & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline 3.
- 3 + years’ experience in the commercial concrete industry.
- Experience with Excel and construction software/programs.
- Complete understanding of financial, scheduling, and risk management processes.
Desired Experience and Traits:
- Ability to be proactive
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work autonomously.
Job Type: Full-time
- construction: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative