This position is part of a seasonal team responsible for the Urban Affairs Coalition's Summer Youth Employment (SYE) program, which provides paid summer job opportunities and support to youth ages 14-18 through WorkReady Philadelphia. The six week program runs from July through mid-August and includes career exposure, on-the-job mentoring and professional development. In 2020, UAC anticipates serving 1,400 youth.
The Payroll Intern will provide general administrative assistance to the Payroll Manager, supporting the WorkReady program goals of enrolling 1,400 youth and processing payroll for youth in an accurate and timely fashion.
This is a seasonal position beginning in June and ending in mid-August.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with collection and filing of program participant timesheets;
- Responsible for rapid, but highly accurate timesheet organization and data entry for up to 1,400 program participants every pay period (4 times during the summer);
- Troubleshoot payroll issues and assist with distributing youth pay;
- Continue to troubleshoot any remaining issues with youth enrollment, clearances, and placement; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be a flexible, communicative, and agile team player, able to coordinate and share resources and data;
- Must have strong skills in data entry, excel, and data management;
- Must be comfortable working with youth and young adults ages 14-18;
- Strong inquiry and conflict resolution skills;
- Must be able to multi-task while remaining organized and detailed-oriented;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and customer-service oriented; and
- Must be a self-starter with good time management skills.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Current undergraduate student or graduate-level student (recent graduates may be considered) in business administration or related field of study;
- Experience working in the nonprofit, education, and/or business sectors preferred;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office software, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and have strong typing skills.
Special Note: This position requires a criminal background check, child abuse clearance, and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
Job Types: Temporary, Internship
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Philadelphia, PA (Required)