goPuff is seeking a rockstar, self-starting and entrepreneurial individual to lead the Boston territory as General Manager. The General Manager role is an intense and fast paced role within goPuff that requires drive, grit, positivity, and enthusiasm for challenge. As General Manager, you will lead a local team of Operations Managers and Warehouse Associates overseeing warehouse operations as well as a team of independent Driver Contractors. goPuff has an amazing central team that will provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed. Ultimately however, the success of the territory rests on your shoulders and is determined by your ability to execute and effectively lead a team. If you love having the ball...If you love the idea of taking a bull by the horns...If you love doing whatever it takes for the thrill of the win…we want to talk to you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inventory Management: You ensure inventory is properly received, organized, and managed within the warehouse.
- Staff Scheduling: You ensure schedules for warehouse staff and driver schedules are full with backups available.
- Employee and IC Recruiting: You ensure we continually recruit the best of the best candidates with effective interviewing and onboarding.
- Coaching: You will continually be working with warehouse staff on training initiatives to help them get more efficient in their current role and prepare for their next one. Upon request, you work with drivers to help them elevate their game, improve the customer experience, and make more money!
Qualifications and Skills
- Self Starter: You can execute tasks, but you rarely have to be asked. You take the right actions where needed and do so independently.
- Excellent communicator: You take the time to effectively listen to others and eloquently communicate the why,when leading a team through any initiative.
- Intellectually curious: You never stop asking why or seeking to understand the root cause of issues.
- Grit: While others in a room are talking about the impossibility of a challenge, you are in the corner getting to work. When you are done conquering a challenge you look immediately for the next one.
- Strong Leader: Your people trust and respect you, because you have earned their trust and respect. You recognize that your success is merely the sum total of the individual successes of your team members.
GoPuff is reinventing the world of convenience. If the above sounds like you, we want you on our team!