CVS Caremark is seeking a dynamic executive who has led an operational transformation of a member services function of significant size and scale. Ideally the new executive will have a background in healthcare to include PBM, Specialty Pharmacy, Distribution or another pharmacy services business. This executive could also have experience with a large pharmaceutical or medical device company, where there are significant state and regulatory matters to be considered. We will also be open to meeting candidates who are on the low spectrum of healthcare experience; however, they have helped transform a technology led business of considerable size. CVS Caremark, while a healthcare services company, is largely dependent on state of art technology, and the successful candidate must be comfortable working closely with the CIO and CTO, along with other members of the executive team.
The successful executive must be passionate about the customer experience and be a champion for new product development that improves technology and streamlines processes and procedures. Candidates must thrive on working in a fast pace environment where there are many co-dependent influencers that need to work together to ensure quality outcomes.
The SVP Member Services & Operations will lead a team of over 12,000 employees geographically dispersed throughout the county. We seek an executive who has earned a reputation for exceptional team leadership and influencing skills. Recruiting top leadership talent, training, motivating and retaining talent will be critical to the success of the team. This promises to be an exciting time for CVS Caremark, and the right executive will undoubtedly find this opportunity to be very rewarding.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The SVP Member Services & Operations will oversee end-to-end management for the entire member services operation. S/he will lead the development of a best in class operation that is a model for the enterprise. More specifically:
- Set direction and lead the agenda to deliver high levels of sustainable performance in the areas of Medicare, Medicaid and marketplace exchange operations, process innovation, mail operations, specialty operations, clinical operations, call center operations and regulatory affairs and professional practice;
- Think and act strategically on several dimensions of the agenda including: lowest cost to serve strategy (how to execute faster and cheaper), technology roadmap (what infrastructure or innovation is needed to best support our long term operations and service objectives), best-in-class service strategy for members, physicians and pharmacists, client retention strategy (how does CVS Caremark add value that other PBMs do not offer);
- Advance organizational effectiveness across an 12,000+ member services colleague base to ensure delivery of the current agenda while preparing for future state requirements;
- Maintain a deep understanding of marketplace, legislative and competitor trends and events to ensure they successfully manage emerging risks and opportunities;
- Become a credible and trusted member of the Executive Committee, by leading the discussion and adoption of a sound operations strategy in support of the PBM President’s vision for the business. Collaborate with all members of the Executive Committee, sought out for opinions and advice;
- Lead through ambiguity while collaborating across the enterprise to transform the CVS Health model ensuring the delivery of differentiated solutions to meet/exceed current and future needs of members and clients;
- Develop productive relationships with external regulators, policy makers, agencies and alliances who influence their agendas;
- Build a high performing team that strives for operational excellence, can meet the needs of the business and deliver operational results. Engage cross-functionally, to include leaders from key areas such as Sales, Retail Operations and Client Services to ensure member services has the data, support and direction needed to deliver exceptional results.
- Critical and structured strategic thinking skills: Ability to identify and define business problems and opportunities, and develop strategic and analytical frameworks that lead to effective solutions and alignment;
- Effective communication skills: Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of internal and external constituents at all levels of an organization, both verbally and written;
- Influencing skills: Ability to define resonating value propositions for a wide range of stakeholders to inspire and align the organization; structure useful guidance around complex decision making; encourage appropriate risk taking while returning authority to create an agile workforce;
- Deep understanding of operational and knowledge management principles and applications:
- Process improvement (TQM, SQI, lean, workout, etc.) principles to lead the organization toward continuous improvement; experience and knowledge across the pharmacy delivery model spectrum, including community pharmacy, PBM functions, Institutional pharmacy, State and Federal regulatory requirements;
- 10+ years of experience managing large scale and multi-site customer/member services to include call centers;
- Strong business and financial acumen: Proven ability to effectively manage all aspects of a complex P&L (revenue, EBIT, expense management), including the ability to understand the economic impact of his/her strategic decisions;
- 10+ years of proven ability to lead others (directly and indirectly) in a large distributed organization that includes line management and knowledge management functions;
- 10+ years of recognized success in effective operations management in a distributed, matrixed model;
- Documented history of disruptive process improvement improvements in complex service environments;
- Effective track record of maintaining high level performance while reducing cost;
- Subject matter and thought leader: Knowledge of PBM and community pharmacy management strongly preferred;
Advanced degree is preferred.
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.