John Latta Associates Inc is currently seeking a Controller to join our team in Portland, OR 97202.
Who We Are:
- Sealant Specialists/SECO is a distributor of top of the line Division 3 & Division 7 construction products. Also, we are the largest foam tape converting facility on the West Coast. Operating since 1974, we have a solid understanding of the needs of our customers.
About the Role:
What You’ll Do:
- The Controller is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Oversee/manage the accounting department- AR/AP
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements
- Managing all accounting activities including fixed asset accounting, general ledger accounting, cash management, tax filing
- Managed month end reports and calculations
- Prepare reports - develop reports for board meetings and executives
- Reconcile bank accounts and liaison with the banks
- Handle all vehicle registrations and insurances and manage insurances pertaining to the business
- Responsible for yearend reports and closing
- Ensure proper handling of employee tax and benefits information for payroll purposes
- Manage human resources regarding payroll, insurance renewals, benefits offerings, and workers' compensation compliance.
- Monitor financial performance by measuring and analyzing results and suggesting creative solutions.
- Manage lien bonds and construction bonds to ensure proper payment
Education and Experience
- B.S or B.A.- Finance or Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Controller experience or accounting construction industry
- Strong understanding of lien laws
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in collections of past due accounts
- Experience in Excel, Word and Open Office
Required Skills and Abilities
What We Offer:
- Excellent people skills
- Strong business acumen
- Exemplary work ethic
- Strong Policy and Procedures experience
- Competitive pay; commensurate with experience
- Benefits package is available
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Part Time Hours available
Please submit your resume via the "APPLY NOW" button
Equal Opportunity Employer