US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Relocation assistance may be available
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman, Mission Systems is looking for a Manger, Programs Level 1 - SPALTs to direct and manage activities associated with ULS Strategic Systems Programs Alteration (SPALT) Investigations, implementations and accomplishments of SPALTs. SPALTs are alterations to the existing Trident II equipment configuration baseline.
The ideal candidate demonstrates a broad skill set that is balanced between interpersonal, business, and technical capabilities. You have the ability to collaborate within and across teams to accomplish goals. You are committed to ethics, integrity, and innovation while challenging traditional ways of doing business. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and you are comfortable engaging with the internal and external customers.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages SPALT team and all phases of SPALT programs from inception through completion.
- Responsible for the cost, schedule, accomplishment and technical oversight of SPALT projects
- Participates in the negotiation of contract and contract modifications
- Coordinates the preparation of proposals, proposal work statements and specifications, and financial terms/conditions of the contract
- Acts as primary customer contact for project activities, leading project status review sessions with internal management and customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance
- Establishes project milestones and monitors adherence to SPALT processes and schedules, identifies project risks and manages risk mitigation or solutions
- Ensures that contract requirements are met by directing, requesting, motivating or in other ways effecting desired action by all participating functional organizations and vendors or suppliers which are necessary to meet project requirements.
- Ensure that each functional organizations planning is complete, consistent and realistic, considering manpower, skills, tooling and facilities consistent with that of other functional organizations and properly supported by the resources of each participating organization
- Anticipate customer needs and develops strategies to fulfill those needs and or realign customers’ expectations
- Bachelors degree with 7 years experience or Masters with 5 years experience
- Prior experience in Program/Project Management and/or Engineering and/or Operations Program Management
- Ability to work closely with multiple functional organizations (Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Field Operations, etc.).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Project and SAP MRP (or similar) system and extensive knowledge of the Microsoft office suite.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a clearance
- Knowledge of TRIDENT II Launcher Subsystem and Support Equipment
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management and Risk Management.
- Design and operational knowledge of Navy Programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, leadership, and problem solving abilities. Solid business acumen.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.