Wage: $29.33/Hr worked + Health & Welfare
Experience with Maximo is Required*
TECHNICAL WRITER QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of study or related field with at least 3 years of experience working.
- Previous engineering or facility maintenance experience required.
- Must be able to pass company background and substance abuse screening tests.
- Security Clearance required.
- Ability to use good judgement and common sense when performing job functions, ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills: able to coordinate and resolve complex communication or logistic related issues in a multi-level organization.
TECHNICAL WRITER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the class. The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed.
- These positions write contactable specifications or Scopes of Work to accomplish facility corrective maintenance, preventive maintenance or small scale construction projects and needs experience applying Codes, Standards,etc.
- Analyze and review customer requests determine work requirements, develop performance work statements, scopes of work, required documentation for inclusion into delivery orders or task orders for existing contracts and develop cost estimates.
- Revise or write material that is standardized for reports, briefs, proposals, and related technical operation, and maintenance of industrial machinery.
- Receive assignments and technical information from a supervisor or senior writer, may be provide notes or manuals containing operating procedures and details, and may observe production, developmental or experimental activities to verify the provided operating procedures.
- Access manufactures’ catalog, drawings and other data relative to operations, maintenance, specifications and product samples to integrate and explain operating procedures, and production cycles.
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, style and terminology, maintain records and files of work and revisions, select material for publication and arrange for distribution of material.
- Apply performance standards and cost estimating methods to develop comprehensive independent estimates.
- Provide agendas and minutes of all formal reviews and briefings.
- Maintain a file of started, completed and ongoing work order forms.
- In this capacity, the Technical Writer revises or writes material that is mostly standardized for reports, manuals, briefs, proposals, instruction books, catalogs, and related technical and administrative publications concerned with work methods and procedures, and installation, operation, and maintenance of machinery and other equipment.
- This writer organizes material and completes writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology, may maintain records and files of work and revisions, may select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material, assist in laying out material for publication, and arrange for typing, duplication and distribution of material.
- This writer may draft speeches, articles, and public or employee relations releases, or specialize in writing material regarding work methods and procedures.
Possible employment with JTI is also contingent upon your ability to meet the following job requirements:
- Satisfactory drug screening, background check, completion & verification of all employment documents, your ability to meet JTI employment standards and obtain/retain appropriate security clearance as determined by JTI, our customer or the Government
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds unassisted
JanTec, Inc. is an Equal-Opportunity Employer andis a Zero Tolerance, Drug-free workplace
Full-Time Employees eligible for Benefits based on location.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $29.33 /hour
- Engineering or Facility Maintenance: 1 year
- MAXIMO: 1 year
- Technical Writing: 2 years
Required work authorization: