Texas Tech Health Sciences Center Managed Care is currently seeking a Respiratory Therapist for the Montford Regional Medical Center in Lubbock, Texas.
The John Montford Unit, located in Lubbock, Texas is the Regional Medical Center and Psychiatric Hospital for the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ). This 1300 acre facility operates 24 hours/ 7 days a week. This unit specializes in housing inmates who require mental health and medical treatment. This unit has the capacity to house 1,047 male inmates. The facility has the capability to house 550 inmates in psychiatric care, 400 inmates in the Trusty Camp, 30 holding beds, 50 ward beds, 44 long-term care beds, and 4 specialty care beds.
Administers therapy care and life support to patients with deficiencies and abnormalities under supervision of a Physician and by prescription. This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Administers respiratory treatments.
- Assists licensed personnel in the care of patients.
- Performs necessary laboratory tests.
- Documents appropriately in patient's chart.
- Maintains and inspects all respiratory equipment.
- Fulfills job standards related to position.
- In-service nursing staff, providers, and patients as needed.
- Assist oxygen delivery services and refilling tanks.
- Maintain and order respiratory supplies.
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking.
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments
EEO Statement : As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant’s race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place