Ensuring a safe working environment for the associates and managers within our fulfillment centers. Our World Wide Safety Team is continually evaluating our processes and procedures to maintain excellence in this area.
The Safety Specialist provides technical support and tactical execution in the implementation of Global Environmental, Health and Safety programs within assigned fulfillment center.
- Serve as designated safety representative of assigned fulfillment center (FC), coordinating and implementing all areas of the Global Safety Program as directed by Safety Manager of the regional node.
- Influence behavior and inspire commitment on the part of all personnel in complying with safety standards and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Conduct training and coach associates on observed work habits in support of this effort.
- Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law. Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Conduct risk assessments related to jobs performed (Job Hazard Analysis) and new equipment introductions. Recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations, in all such efforts.
- Facilitate incident investigation process.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems.
- Maintain required paperwork to comply with standards.
- Provide (or facilitate access to) immediate aid for associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention.
- Enter Safety Incident Information in Metrics database in a timely manner.
- Perform Safety Observations & Audits.
- Train and assist others (Area Managers, Safety Team Members, etc.) to complete their Safety responsibilities (Audits, Follow Safety Rules, etc.).
- Perform Specific Safety Training as required by the Safety Manager.
- Completed BA Degree in a safety related field.
- Willingness to work weekends and/or overnight shifts.
- Strong communication, teamwork, analysis, judgment and customer focus skills.
- Ability to analyze accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and job safety analyses.
- Passion for Safety.
- Able to maintain confidentiality in matters involving security and/or personnel issue.
At Maxim Healthcare Services, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
401(k) savings plan
Awards and recognition programs
- Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
Maxim Healthcare Services is a leading provider of home healthcare, medical-related staffing, travel nursing, and population health and wellness services across the United States. As an established community partner, we have been making a difference in the lives of our employees, caregivers, and patients for more than 30 years. Our commitment to customer service, improving patient care, and staffing experienced healthcare professionals has paved the way for many rewarding career opportunities in the healthcare industry.
Maxim Healthcare Services, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer