Now is your chance to join a fast growing organization where WHAT YOU DO MATTERS! AmeriQual Group is a shelf-stable food manufacturing company with locations in Indiana, Georgia, and North Carolina. We are seeking a self-motivated, results-oriented individual to assume responsibilities as a Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for managing and leading the AmeriQual Foods Maintenance team. Duties include strategic planning and supporting production/ utility/ facility/quality operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effectively lead the Maintenance department to provide site and plant maintenance services to enable the AmeriQual operations and other functions to meet or exceed business expectations in cost, quality, compliance, safety, culture and capital.
- Represent the Maintenance department by developing strong relationships and working effectively on cross functional teams.
- Plan, organize and direct the company maintenance management program, developing and implementing short and long term maintenance goals and objectives.
- Develop and manage the Maintenance budget.
- Communicate a clear vision for a fully integrated Maintenance team aligned with the goals of AmeriQual.
- Drive continuous improvement, explore industry trends, develop strategies and drive leading edge technology and innovative solutions to develop core areas, new alternatives and relevant strategies.
- Clearly understand the procurement policies and work cross functionally to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Develop staff and build a high performance team through utilization of a performance management process that sets expectations, ensures ongoing coaching/mentoring and assesses employee performance. Build a team culture committed to high performance and accountability.
- Establish priorities, allocate resources and develop action plans to drive improvement.
- Utilize analytical, critical thinking and structured root cause analysis techniques for problem solving.
- Build technical competencies within the maintenance team, identify and select maintenance talent to support developing technology, and provide opportunities for knowledge acquisition and skills transfer within the team.
- Instill a customer service mindset throughout the organization.
- Provide leadership to team responsible for technical ownership, optimization of assets and maintaining qualified state throughout equipment life cycle.
- Network and partner effectively with management to promote an organizational culture that supports the achievement of business objectives.
- Sustain the flexibility and responsiveness of a workforce through effective leadership, teamwork and communications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field required. Minimum of 5 years in Maintenance roles supporting manufacturing in a highly regulated environment.
- Successful experience in managing or leading maintenance teams including reliability centered programs.
- Knowledge of engineering and maintenance concepts and industry technology, project management, reliability practices, financial management as it relates to capital/expense spending, MRO, CMMS, etc.
- Successful experience in managing a team in a dynamic environment with a proven track record employee development
- Strong knowledge in areas of asset optimization, life cycle management, and project management.
- Knowledgeable in areas of regulatory requirements and equipment system qualification and validation.
- Demonstrated ability to develop strategic investment plans and implement major investment projects according to standards set on cost, timing and agreed to technical objectives and drive improvement of asset/system reliability.
- Demonstrated ability to drive ownership through leading by example and working with a leadership team to drive change in culture throughout the plant.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative solutions in the areas of productivity, product quality and technology development that support and enhance business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability in working with customers, team members, technical experts, and professional staff.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize, multitask, anticipate changing project needs, and meet deadlines.
- Understanding of GMP and OSHA’s regulations.
- Strong communication and motivational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus. Position will also frequent the production floor, so operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Lifting up to 50 pounds, pushing/pulling/moving objects, and using specialized tools, equipment, and machines is required. Duties include intricate repairs, which will require working in, on, and around complex machinery and packaging systems, requiring a high level of manual dexterity. Operating in standard seasonal warehouse and food processing plant temperature conditions will be required. Work is completed in a facility where nuts, fruits and other allergens are present
Competitive salary and excellent benefit package available including medical, free associate health clinic, dental, vision, disability, 401(k) and more. See www.ameriqualgroup.com/careers for more information and to apply today! EO/AAE
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly