DraftKings is a leading sports entertainment brand that creates the most exciting digital sports competitions and experiences on the planet. Our goal is to transform the way fans experience sports. Our mission is to make sports better – and make better sports fans – by bringing them closer to the games they love. We are the signature tech startup of our generation in Boston.
As the Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for managing and executing all aspects of the procurement to payment cycles, from approval of purchases to the issuance of payments as well as assisting with the day to day accounting needs. This individual will be the primary contact for all procure to pay issues. This role will require interfacing with many individuals throughout the organization, so the ability to communicate well with others and to help establish scalable processes is essential.
- Process high volume of invoices through accounts payable system for all offices and accounts
- Ensure all invoices are properly coded, approved and entered into the accounting system
- Work with other members of finance team on monthly classification of expenses
- Maintain payables and expense system and follow up on approval flows
- Establish and maintain recurring cost analysis for monthly timing accruals, coordinate accruals for unbilled or unapproved payables
- Assist with cash forecasting and other planning/budgeting
- Prepare daily pay runs (checks/wires)
- Prepare and post journal entries during month end closings process.
- Prepare necessary financial information to support business, audit and regulatory requests
- Special projects as assigned – including 1099's, W-9's, Federal/State taxes, automating/streamlining manual processes, etc.
- 1-2 years of work experience required
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to handle volumes of data with high level of accuracy
- Proficiency with Excel required
- Knowledge of NetSuite accounting software is a plus
- Knowledge of Coupa software is a plus