This position is for a multi-disciplined Component Engineering Section Manager within the Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems (DS), Electrical Design Directorate. The Electrical Design Directorate designs, develops, and integrates a number of different products and technologies relative to radar systems and other complex systems that Raytheon IDS produces. This position requires a strong background and experience in CCA design and development and an understanding of component selection and vetting. The candidate should also have proposal/bidding and/or IPT leadership experience.
The candidate will work with the department manager to help staff multiple programs, control overhead costs, manage employees within the department, develop and deliver employee performance reviews, and review proposals. Support of management at the EDD level and the engineering level is also required.
Perhaps most importantly, the candidate must have a willingness to relate to and support the needs of their employees. The section manager will have a sphere of influence of approximately 10-20 employees who will depend on the manager’s leadership to help guide their careers and to maximize their potential and effectiveness.
The Component Engineering Section Manager will lead a team of parts engineers who support a variety of program and customers and are responsible for all aspects of electrical device selection, digital, Radio Frequency components, subassemblies as well as ruggedized Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) items. The individual will work with design engineers, test engineers, suppliers as well as factory engineers to optimize the component selection through the Parts and Materials Review Board (PMCB) both internal to Raytheon as well as with our customers. The candidate will use their knowledge of failure mechanisms and effects to aid in the root cause/corrective action in device/subassembly component related failures. This position may require some travel.
- Minimum 5+ years of related engineering experience with Master’s Engineering Degree
- Experience in parts or component engineering (component selection, DoD parts documentation as well as broad knowledge of electrical component technologies)
- Thorough understanding of digital CCA design process including requirements generation, preliminary design, peer reviews, detailed design, test plan generation, and integration and test.
- Experience in simulating the digital CCA circuits to verify performance, then integrate and test the CCA into the higher level assembly (Signal Integrity simulation).
- Experience leading a small team of designers in generating the digital CCA design solutions.
Required Education (including Major):
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience with a wide application of technical theories and concepts related to system logistics/sustainment/production activities/obsolescence/parts qualification
- Experience in Reliability Prediction or Failure Analysis
- Experience in preparing customer and/or management level briefings
- Ability to understand and apply new concepts quickly, while organizing, scheduling and coordinating work phases accurately in a rapidly evolving environment
- Experience in component/circuit design
- Proven multi-disciplinary technical skills to engage peers and leaders across the various Cross Business -Teams and Integrated Business Teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build a trusting relationship with the customer
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Science discipline preferred, however, experience will be evaluated.
Bring your talent and skills to the following IDS group:
Electrical Design Directorate (EDD):
EDD provides engineering design, integration and production to core radar and combat system competencies (process and control, integration and test, power systems, receivers and exciters, antennas and microwave subassemblies).
EDD has responsibility for the following areas:
Phased Array Radar design – RF/microwave antenna design
Power and Electronic systems design
Receiver & Exciter Design - REX System Analysis, Exciter Design, Receiver Design,
Low Noise Sources, Simulation and Modeling, Metrology, Integration and Test
Mixed Signal Design - Receiver A/D Converters, Direct Digital Converters, Receiver D/A
Converters, Digital Waveform Generators, Mixed Signal CCAs, Mixed Signal Modules and Subsystems
Digital Hardware - Subsystem/Module Digital Circuits, FPGA/ASICs, Beam Steering, Mixed Process/Photonics/Sensors, COTS systems, COTS interfaces, Subsystem Development, VME/PCI
Digital Systems – System Trades, Architecture, Embedded Processing
Software Design - Real-time Signal Processing, Beam Steering, Embedded Software
Photonics Design – Fiber Optic Communication, Optical Control
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.