Right at Home is seeking caring, kind, and compassionate candidates who want to work flexible, part-time hours to make a difference in the lives of seniors. Right at Home is committed to being an employer that values you as we work together to improve the quality of life for those we serve.
Why do people like working with us?
- Flexible Scheduling—We place you around YOUR schedule!
- Work one-on-one with great clients
- Meaningful work·NO certification or license required—We provide the training!
- Supportive staff to provide assistance whenever needed
- Employee appreciation
- Shifts as short as 3 hours
- Work close to home!
Responsibilities and Compensation:
As a Personal Care Assistant, you will perform routine homemaking tasks and provide meal preparation, local transportation, and companionship for our elderly clients in their homes. You will also help with dressing, bathing, grooming, toileting, oral hygiene, and/or hair washing.
Many of our caregivers work as both Personal Care Assistants and Homemaker/Companions.
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Adheres to Agency policies and procedures.
2. Performs work under the supervision of the Staffing Coordinator.
3. Performs personal care activities contained in a written assignment by the Supervisor which includes but is not limited to, assisting the patient with activities of daily living, such as:
- Personal hygiene including, but not limited to:
- --- Assistance to the bathroom or in using bedpan
- --- Bathing,
- --- Care of mouth,
- --- Skin and hair care
- Meal Preparation
4. Performs other assigned activities. These include but not limited to:
- Assisting with the change of ostomy appliances
- Reinforcement of dressings (non-sterile)
- Assisting with the use of devices for aid to daily living (cane, walker, wheelchair or lift device)
- Assisting with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Assisting with self-administered simple urine tests for sugar acetone or albumin (Personal Care Assistant may not interpret results)
- Measuring and preparing special diets
- Measuring intake and output
- Taking vital signs (temperature, pulse, respiration and blood pressure)
- Application of an external (condom-type) catheter
- Assist with application of arm sling, arm splint or leg splint
5. The Personal Care Assistant will NOT perform any of the following:
- Sterile dressing change
- Irrigation of body cavities such as enemas, colostomy or wound
- Gastric lavage or gavage
- Administration of oral medications, eye drops or medicated skin ointments f. Administration of parenteral or IV medications
- Application of heat by any method
- Naso-gastric or gastrostomy tube feedings or care i. Tracheotomy tube care
- Suctioning of the nose, mouth or tracheotomy
- Nail care on a patient with diabetes or compromised circulation
- Any personal health service that has not been included on the paraprofessional task sheet
6. The Personal Care Assistant performs light housekeeping tasks that will facilitate the patient’s self-care at home.
These tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Sweeping or mopping floors
- Doing dishes
- Cleaning bathrooms
7. The Personal Care Assistant will NOT :
- Perform heavy-duty household cleaning such as washing walls, waxing floors, washing windows, etc.
- Household repairs or maintenance
- Yard care or maintenance
8. The Personal Care Assistant is responsible for documentation of service provided, using the Client Care Record.
9. The Personal Care Assistant should not contact the physician directly, but rather refer all questions or reports of patient’s condition changes immediately to the Supervisor.
Additional Desired Functions
Performs other duties as directed by supervisors.
Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Availability
- High school graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
- CNA certification preferred
- Six months experience as a Personal Care Assistant in health care (in homes or facilities) and successful completion of a State approved Nurse Aide or Personal Care Assistant course.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $9.45 - $10.00 per hour
- caregiving: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Company's Facebook page: