Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
The Financial Counseling Supervisor works under the direct supervision of the Patient AR Manager and is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and staff of the Financial Counseling team. Duties include direct personnel management of the Financial Counseling team, participating in all daily functions including policies and procedure development, running daily and weekly reports, performing team audits and ongoing training of the team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for reporting findings to management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Perform daily financial counseling services regarding payment arrangements and financial assistance for patients by phone or in person and other financial counseling duties as needed for staffing coverage.
- Provide work direction for department employees, including goals and goal achievement measurements.
- Facilitate resolution of patient billing issues
- Assist with reviewing monthly benchmarks for staff and prepare reports for distribution and discussion.
- Provides feedback to management regarding possible areas of improvement or concern.
- Maintain clinic assignments and ensure adequate coverage during employee absences
- Assist in the development of team policy and procedure manuals as directed by manager.
- Monitors and reports volume of work as well as any outstanding issues to applicable manager.
- Assess workflow and develop strategy to complete all necessary work prioritizing tasks as necessary.
- Review & approve employee time for semi-monthly payroll.
- Monitor overtime.
- Assist with employee activity such as interviews, job performance, and quarterly performance reviews and disciplinary actions with appropriate approvals as required.
- Manage employee relations issues appropriately as they arise and escalate to manager as necessary.
- Prepare end of month report highlighting pertinent issues for management review.
- Ensures patient accounts are billed accurately, timely and in a compliant manner.
- Review all accounts monthly over $5,000 and discuss account activity with staff if necessary.
- Reviews and approves patient refund requests and sends to AP department for processing monthly.
- Perform monthly staff account audits to determine accuracy and error ratings.
- Ensure Best Practice Revenue Cycle Solutions are consistently maintained.
- Travel to clinics observing current processes and recommends improvements to optimize workflow.
• Knowledge of insurance coverage guidelines.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply good judgment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of clinic office procedures, medical practice and medical terminology.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and policies and procedures.
- Ability to successfully organize, delegate, and supervise.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and solve problems.
- Ability to successfully plan, implement and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Windows-based software applications. (E.g.: Word, Excel, Outlook…)
- Excellent Customer Service skills.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent healthcare related experience required.
- Minimum of five years healthcare management experience; preferably with Oncology/Hematology knowledge.
Physical requirements may include standing, walking, sitting, fingering or manual dexterity, repetitive finger motion, lifting or exerting force up to 25 pounds, reaching or stretching, crouching or stooping, speaking, hearing, and seeing(with correction).