Goodwin Living is a mission-driven, not-for-profit senior living and healthcare organization committed to exceptional service and personalized care. We are a 2021 Top Workplace in the D.C. region, according to The Washington Post! Join our work team that includes members who represent nearly 70 countries. You’ll make connections that last a lifetime!
What Makes Us Awesome!
At Goodwin Living, we feel deeply connected to our work. We create meaningful relationships and have opportunities to grow our skills. We come from all around the world yet share the following qualities (that we hope you share, too!):
- Compassion that is rooted in a love of people.
- Ambition to make a difference in the lives of others.
- Desire to be a part of a mission-driven team.
ABOUT OUR HOME HEALTH TEAM | GOODWIN HOME HEALTH
Help us grow our team of seasoned home health professionals! Goodwin Home Health, a service line of Goodwin Living that provides rehabilitative services to older adults in the community. Join a team that supports independence and flexibility in your PTA career!
About the Position:
We're looking for an experienced Full-Time PTA to work either Thurs-Sun or Tues-Sat for our patients in the comfort of their own homes or retirement communities throughout the Northern Virginia cities and counties of Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William. Under the Plan of Care established by the evaluating Physical Therapist, renders Physical Therapy treatments to improve resident’s functional abilities, safety level, reduce pain, and improve quality of life.
- Provides Physical Therapy treatments to overcome specific losses of function due to disease and injury, under a Physical Therapist’s Plan of Care, and as dictated by the Commonwealth of Virginia Physical Therapy Practice Act.
- Effectively communicates with the Physical Therapist to clarify the Plan of Care, relay resident’s progress with treatment, report any adverse effects of treatment, report medical decline or inability to follow through with recommended treatments, and offers suggestions to alter and progress the Plan of Care based on knowledge and experience with that particular resident.
- Documents treatments/services according to the Home Health Department’s protocols and Medicare guidelines.
- Coordinates resident’s treatment with nursing staff, occupational and speech therapists.
- Current Virginia and District of Columbia Physical Therapy Assistant license
- CPR certified (adult only)
- Possess the qualities of compassion and empathy and also comfort with at risk or low-income constituents.
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully and compassionately with clients, family members, and caregivers.
A sampling of our many benefits:
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Financial assistance with U.S. Citizenship application and DACA
- Tuition Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) Plan
- Fitness Center
Goodwin Living provides a supporting and enriching work environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer as well as an AARP Employer Pledge Signer.