Position : Infrastructure Specialist Cloud Application Operations/System Analyst with Cloud Application
Location : Kirkland, WA
Job description :
Provide software installation, configuration and ongoing support for a State Government agency. Install, configure and support software products that run primarily on Windows servers and Windows desktops. Work with product owners to determine requirements for installation and configuration of software.
· Software Installation – Install and configure software to run primarily on Windows servers. Build silent install scripts for automated product installation and patching on Windows servers and workstations. ·
· Configuration – Configure software to meet usage requirements as defined by customer. · Performance Tuning – Measure, report and recommend settings that affect performance for assigned software.
· Architectural – Participate with other staff to design optimal implementation solutions. · Support – Assist other staff in use of software, and troubleshooting issues. Interface with software vendor to resolve problems. ·
· Documentation – Document all processes used in maintaining products. Maintain configuration documents of all deployed environments.
Required skills: ·
· Extensive experience with Windows Server and Desktop management in an enterprise environment (6+ years) ·
· Strong experience with automating product installs and patching in a Windows environment · Extensive experience with at least one of the following scripting languages: VBScript, Powershell ·
· Working knowledge of Linux (2+ years) ·
· Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills Desired skills: ·
· Familiar with basic networking concepts, including subnets and routing
Experience with IBM products, including:
· WebSphere Application Server, Rational Application Developer, DB2, Cognos, InfoSphere DataStage, ClearCase, ClearQuest
· Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle concepts
· Experience with programming in one or more of the following: Perl, Bash, Java, Jython, Ruby, PHP
· Experience with SuSE or RedHat Linux · Experience with DevOps products such as: Jenkins, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Jira and GitHub
· SuSE Linux Enterprise Server (6+ years) (Red Hat or Ubuntu/Debian experience acceptable)
· Windows Server administration experience (6+ years)
· IBM Websphere Application Server management (4+ years)
· Significant experience in Java application development
· Scripting languages: BASH, Perl, VBScript, BAT, Powershell
· System automation and provisioning experience: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, SuSE Manager, Spacewalk, or similar products.
· Experience with managing Linux containers: OpenVZ, LXC, Docker, etc.
· Strong verbal communication and experience in consulting with senior business SMEs to elicit requirements
· Strong written, presentation and interpersonal skills
Thanks & Regards,
Tanisha Systems, Inc.
Tel: 212 729 6543 x 382
Job Type: Contract
- * IBM Websphere Application Server: 4 years (Preferred)
- window server and desktop: 5 years (Required)
- linux and Redhat: 4 years (Required)
- cloud: 3 years (Preferred)