WAR Ministry Corporation is looking for Special Education Teachers/Paraprofessionals to work as independent contractors providing in home services directly to youth under the age of 21 with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities. Special Education Teachers/Paraprofessionals are needed to work in Bergen County, NJ Transportation required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education, Guidance and Counseling, Social Work or a related field
- Must have at least one (1) year of supervised experience in implementing positive behavior support plans and teaching ADL/Instrumental skills for individuals who have intellectual/developmental disabilities
- Must be creative, energetic, and have a natural ability in interacting with youth * Able to follow directions, procedures, and all ethical guidelines
- Good analytical/critical thinking skills with the ability to record and track therapy progress * Ability to communicate and represent self in a professional manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Must be reliable and flexible, with a strong work ethic
- Must be at least 18 years of age or older
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement interventions in Individual Support Plan
- Teach skills to the youth
- Train parent/guardian in implementation of Individual Support Plan
Bilingual candidates (English/Spanish) encouraged to apply. Driver’s License/Abstract (not to exceed 5 points) required and CPR/First Aid Certification required. Must be able to pass criminal background check.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- working with youth with I/DD: 1 year