About This Job:
As the Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer, you are responsible for directing all of the people functions of the global company in accordance with the policies and practices of the corporation, the ethical and social consciences of business and society and the laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities and organizations. You will also be responsible for the strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
Qualifications/Requirements of the Position:
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's human resource function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner but particularly from the perspective of the impact on people.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning of new programs/strategies and regulatory action as those items impact the attraction, motivation, development and retention of the people resources of the corporation.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all programs and practices against the relevant comparable companies, industries and markets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization with management and the employees in order to be an effective listener and problem solver of people issues.
- Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge to others within the human resources discipline.
- Work with the corporate marketing department to manage employee communication and community relations
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the human resources department.
- Continue improving the programs, policies, practices and processes associated with meeting the strategic and operational people issues of the organization.
- Evaluation of the human resource division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals.
- Working with the human resources department management team:
- Ensure all appropriate health and safety requirements are followed
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, affirmative action, sexual harassment, and employee complaints.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the corporation.
- Develop corporate staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility.
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefits programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance and to provide programs that utilize an employee and company partnership for the short and long-range health and welfare protection of the employees.
Who We Are:
- 10+ years of progressively complex human resources experience
- 2-3+ years of international human resources experience
- An experienced leader and human resource executive with appropriate industry experience, preferably in a strongly sales oriented environment that has demonstrated success operating at a strategic level along with extensive knowledge of all human resources functions
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual that is highly ethical
- A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is a team player
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- An excellent facilitator who is experienced in resolving conflicts between different parties to a dispute
- A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail oriented perspective to deliver results on time and on budget
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex human resource related documents
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on sensitive or complex topics to employee groups, management at all levels of the company and occasionally to outside organizations
- Ability to travel to include international approximately 10-15% of the time
Headquartered in Scottsdale, Arizona, International Cruise & Excursions, Inc. ('ICE' for short) is dedicated to providing branded travel, leisure, and lifestyle products to consumers (over 55 million each year). The ICE slogan reads "Powered by Innovation," and we mean it!
We're proud to be consistently recognized as a CareerBuilder Top Company to Work for in Arizona, Phoenix Business Journal's Best Places to Work winner, and one of Arizona's Most Admired Companies. Our ongoing entrepreneurial spirit and overwhelmingly talented employees encourage a friendly, successful work environment – and that's what sets us apart. With over 2,200 employees worldwide, we're always looking to expand our ICE team with career-focused leaders who are committed to exceeding expectations.
Explore our incredible company culture ( http://www.iceenterprise.com/ice-culture/ ) on our website!
Our Core Values:
Respect. Passion. Integrity. Innovation. Social Responsibility. Teamwork. Accountability.
- FREE 7-day resort stays and cruises on your anniversary
- Medical Health Insurance
- Onsite Wellness Clinic
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Dental & Vision Coverage
- 401K Plan
- Pet Care Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounted Employee Services (dry-cleaning, nail services, massage, personal training, etc.)
- Dedicated Employee Enrichment & Recognition Programs
- Exclusive Employee Travel Rates on Cruise, Resorts, Hotels, Tours, Car Rentals, Dining and Merchandise offerings