- Public Relations
- Google Analytics
- Project Management
- AP Style
- HR Sourcing
As a Public Relations & Social Media Specialist, you will be responsible for creating and managing projects that will increase AWeber's global awareness among our small business target audience as a thought-leader in the email marketing space. Success in this role will be measured by the increased awareness and engagement of our brand, as well as increased volume of direct and organic traffic to our site and content.
You will initiate and drive projects that include:
media pitching, proactive outreach to niche influencers, managing review sites, ghostwriting or authoring bylines, managing onsite or conference events.
This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, and project management skills. You will have proven success in a public relations role with an outgoing and proactive drive to build relationships on behalf of our brand.
Your attention to detail allows you to effectively manage your projects within the overall marketing communications strategy, with a focus on measuring and reporting how you're making an impact to our department and business goals.
You will bring your experience building relationships with the media, superb writing skills, and team player attitude to support the growth of the AWeber brand within customer and potential customer audiences.
Sound like a perfect fit for you? Connect with us and show us why you have the right background to help us achieve our goals in 2019.
Your background includes these things:
What you would be doing day-to-day:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field (Advertising, PR, Marketing, Communications) preferred or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2-4 years in a Public Relations role, specifically within an agency/product /technology environment
- Superior writing skills and competent in AP style writing (writing samples required).
- Proven experience in crisis communications, media pitching and sourcing byline placements within specific networks, publications and media outlets
- Experience generating and analyzing Google Analytics reports
- Comfortable working in an informal, high-energy team environment with the ability to be proactive and extremely detail-oriented
- Proven ability to effectively work cross-functionally across other departments within the company
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills; particular to a fast-moving, culture-centric environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/demands simultaneously and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) across varying disciplines and responsibilities
- Proven results as both a team player and independent contributor
- Impeccable communication skills with the proven ability to influence and persuade
- Firm understanding of PR pitching, networking, and media practices
- Familiarity with modern PR and marketing communications tools
You have these proven skills:
- Help establish AWeber as a key email marketing solution in global, national, regional and local media markets.
- Establish processes to generate a steady volume of press releases, bylines and thought-leadership content, and promote within the appropriate channels.
- Participating in forums related to email marketing/digital marketing for small businesses.
- Support the consistent updating of our public review profiles, and proactively engage with social comments to address awareness and new customer opportunities.
- Serve as administrator in AWeber's social communities. Actively engage existing members, and support programs to grow active members.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to develop, solicit, write, and place contributed press releases, articles, bylines, editorials and other key mentions.
- Support all media contacts requesting data and insights.
- Monitor and oversee performance tracking of all media placements.
- Support the scheduling, coordination, and execution of AWeber's meetup events and conference sponsorship packages.
- Support the media training of staff.
- Identify and contact influential individuals and blogs as a distribution channel for sharing existing content or upcoming product releases.
- Conduct link-building and backlink outreach for SEO impact.
- Submit AWeber for speaking opportunities and awards, and coordinate with team members to support their involvement.
- Identify podcasts for potential speaking or sponsorship opportunities that align with our target and goals.
Your professional DNA includes these:
- Thorough understanding of earned media and public relations
- Exceptional writing
- Strong interpersonal communication style
- Persuasive communication
- Analysis of various data sets to influence an idea or action
- Creative thinker - you hear 'we've done that before' and think of another way to try it
- Collaborative - and can provide constructive feedback
- Problem solver - solution-first mentality
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and empathetic
- Comfortable collaborating with peers and C-suite
- Effective at multitasking - but you don't let the work manage you.
- Detail oriented
- Sense of urgency - you won't let it 'wait until tomorrow'