LEASING MANAGER OR COMMUNITY DIRECTOR
The LEASING AGENT position is:
The purpose of this job description is to communicate the responsibilities and duties associated with this position. Our company emphasizes a TEAM APPROACH and expects every person to perform any reasonable task or request that is consistent with fulfilling company objectives.
It is imperative that you review these duties, skills and physical requirements closely and that you understand that, by signing the Job Description, you are verifying that you can perform all the duties, have the skills and possess the physical abilities that are necessary to perform the job as described.
This is a split position between two properties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The LEASING AGENT is the property's sales representative whose primary duties are to greet prospects, to present professionally the features and benefits of their community and properly secure lease agreements from qualified persons. A LEASING AGENT is service oriented and strives to make current residents feel welcome and comfortable in their community. The LEASING AGENT will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities
The Leasing Agent will conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other laws pertaining to apartments.
- Maintains a professional, yet friendly, atmosphere in the leasing office and other areas where prospective residents meet.
- Opens, closes and inspects model and market ready vacancies daily to ensure cleanliness.
- Answers incoming phone calls and handles each call accordingly, whether it is a prospect call, irate resident, service request, etc. Transfer calls to Assistant Manager or Community Director when appropriate.
- Greets prospective residents, qualifies, determines needs and preferences, professionally present community and apartments while communicating features and benefits.
- Maintains awareness of local market conditions and trends. Contributes ideas to the Community Director for marketing property and for improving resident satisfaction.
- Ensure the leasing/marketing log is updated at least monthly.
- Shop competitors quarterly / Phone shop monthly.
- Correctly completes all lease applications, assists with application verification and notifies prospective residents of results. Types miscellaneous resident communication as needed.
- Completes all lease paperwork including related addenda and accepts rents and deposits.
- Completes Guest Card information for all prospects, sends thank-you notes and performs follow-up calls.
- Physically inspects property when on grounds, picks up litter and reports any service needs to maintenance supervisor and community director.
- Inspects move-outs and vacancies.
- Organizes and files appropriate reports, leases and paperwork.
- Attends company meetings when requested.
- Assists Community Director and Assistant Manager in preparation of daily and weekly reports, resident communications, move-out inventory, market surveys, etc.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by Assistant Manager, Community Director or Regional Manager.
Position requires good leasing and closing skills. Must have a customer service background. Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen. Gatehouse is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.
40 hours per week as a full-time employee. Employee will be required to work a flexible workweek.
- Stand and walk or sit alternatively depending on specific needs of the day.