The Simon Companies is seeking an experienced Apartment Maintenance Technician for our Newport, RI property - The Admiralty (www.AdmiraltyNewport.com). We own and manage this property, and our pride shows in it. This is a proactive position with a focus on preventative maintenance, apartment turn overs, Resident service requests, and customer service. You will be part of a dedicated team who values your contribution.
Professional property maintenance experience is required. 40-hour work week 8:00am - 4:30 is a typical day. Rotating after-hours on-call.
- Perform maintenance work, including general carpentry, light electrical, light plumbing;
- Turn-over apartments;
- Daily grounds upkeep and curb appeal projects;
- Work without supervision and able to meet deadlines;
- Focus on long-term solutions with an emphasis on preventative maintenance;
- Customer Service: Interact with tenants in a respectful manner as a company representative.
Other desired specialties (not required):
- Framing, sheet rock, mud/tape, subfloor replacement;
- Plumbing - tub / vanity replacement;
- Tiling and water sealing.
Snow removal largely outsourced. Qualified candidates must pass a background check. Must be able to continuously lift items, use ladders, climb stairs, drive a car, maintain a valid driver's license, and have reliable transportation. Opportunity to grow with the company in salary and responsibilities. Benefits are available.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your inquiry is confidential. Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Professional Maintenance: 1 year (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location