We are seeking an experienced retail Pharmacy Technician for a full time position in the North Hollywood area of Los Angeles.
The successful candidate will have exceptional technical and interpersonal skills, have a customer friendly attitude, be highly motivated to provide outstanding customer service.
- Must have superior computer and telephone communication skills.
- Maintain a neat and clean personal appearance and adhere to the Greywell Pharmacy dress code.
- Assist with the training of others in the workflow and overall services of Greywell Pharmacy.
- Assist Greywell Pharmacy in growing the business of the pharmacy through “gold standard” customer service, customer retention and new customer enrollment.
- Be proactive in assisting in the development and implementation of new systems and procedures.
- Be cross trained in all aspects of the pharmacy operations and accept assignments on a rotating basis.
- Communicate with providers and other referral sources regarding the status of patient’s therapy and treatment.
- Consistently meet established productivity and quality standards.
- Maintains privacy and confidentiality as required by HIPAA guidelines.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be organized and adept at multi-tasking
- Team player.
- SCOPEOF RESPONSIBILITIES;
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, other duties may be assigned :
- Understand all aspects of the overall computer system’s prescription processing module.
- Ability to read and interpret written prescriptions.
- Ability to correctly calculate dosages with appropriate quantities for dispensing.
- Claims adjudication, rejection resolution.
- Must have data input skills and experience in processing prescriptions in a pharmacy computer system that maintains demographic information, creates prescription labels, adjudicates claims and performs other essential functions required in a pharmacy setting.
- Must have typing skills and familiarity with Windows PC applications including word processing; excel spread sheets and various e-mail and texting applications.
- Responsible for file maintenance of various data bases within the computer system, including patient demographics, sig file, doctor file.
- Count and pour as needed.
- Manage prior authorizations.
- Run reports as directed.
- Utilize all available resources, including insurance verification websites, prior authorization services.
- Contact and communicate with insurance companies and PBMs.
Education, Certificates, Licenses, Registrations and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Current California Pharmacy Technician registration.
- Bilingual/Multilingual highly desirable
- Must have a minimum of one to two (1-2) years recent experience in retail pharmacy claims adjudication.
Experience with worker’s compensation claims desirable
Job Type: Full-time
- Pharmacy Technician: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Pharmacy Technician (Required)