Our busy, oral surgery practice seeks a friendly, caring, motivated front office assistant. Duties of the position include:
Patient Interaction & Scheduling:
- Assuring overall patient satisfaction with appointment scheduling, office visits, and with financial transactions.
- Scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Welcoming and greeting patients in person or on the telephone; answering patient questions and communicating with doctors to answer patient questions.
- Comforting patients by anticipating possible anxieties, questions, and concerns.
- Protecting patient rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information; maintaining knowledge of patient privacy rights and clinician responsibilities.
- Help patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Communicate with staff at referring doctor’s offices to facilitate patient scheduling and treatment.
Patient appointments & records
- Keeping appointments on schedule by notifying clinical staff of patient’s arrival or any changes in schedule.
- Assuring all appropriate clinical documentation is ready before treatment (e.g. x-rays, referrals, history and physical).
- Assuring that insurance and payment information and patient demographic forms are completed correctly and completely.
- Assuring availability of all treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records (i.e. x-ray images, referral documents, laboratory tests, medical clearance, consent, etc.).
- Maintain patient accounts by requesting, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Record and update financial information; collect patient payments; file, collect, and expedite third-party claims.
- Knowledge of medical/dental treatment coding used for insurance.
- Maintain a clean, organized and welcoming reception area.
- Maintain business office inventory and equipment by checking supplies, anticipating supply needs, and placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Help other staff by assisting in tasks and duties as needed; show initiative and constructive problem solving.
A high school diploma or GED is required. Preference will be given to applicants with evidence of continuing education or professional certifications such as CPR. An Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Applicants should have a friendly, outgoing manner with patients and referring doctors in person and on the telephone, be able to manage time and multiple tasks, be organized with attention to detail and compliance to rules and regulations. All applicants must be able to use computer scheduling software and word processing software. The position is salaried with pay commensurate with education and experience. Permanent staff receive paid vacation and a number of personal days per year. Newly hired staff are subject to a three month probationary period.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- office: 1 year (Preferred)
- 10 Key: 1 year (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Sorting and sending mail
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
- Processing payments
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes