The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to troubleshoot, repair, and maintain a wide variety of CNC machines. This person must be a forward thinker, be able to solve problems, and have a desire to implement preventative measures to support safety, preventative maintenance, and business needs.
Main Job Functions and Role
Perform maintenance skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
· Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the shop facility’s equipment.
· Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
· Perform periodic machinist duties and responsibilities.
· Read and interpret equipment manuals to perform required maintenance and service.
· Diagnose complex problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
· CNC limited programming and knowledge not required but beneficial.
· Trace, isolate, and diagnose machine control problems including S-Max 3D Printers, Milltronics (Centurion), Mazak (Mazatrol), Kuka Robotics, and Leadwell, Doosan, Johnford and Awea (Fanuc) control systems.
· Work closely with parts & service suppliers and develop solid relationships for HPI for key support in critical circumstances.
· Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and facilities.
· Familiar with basic tooling needs including dial indicators and precision measuring instruments.
· Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
· Detect faulty operations, defective material and systems and take action in coordination with others to repair and return the system to service.
· Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
· Employee will provide own tools and maintenance items unless they are specific to HPI’s needs. If specific to HPI’s needs, owner will provide for maintenance department.
· Perform year end calibration to all machines.
· Be able to learn maintenance and preventative maintenance on SMax sand printers and sand printing peripherals.
· Any experience in OSHA, PPE, Environmental, Health, and Safety is not required but beneficial.
Qualifications and Background
· Minimum 10 years experience in troubleshooting and repairing a variety of systems and equipment
· Must be able to quickly learn applicable machine operations
· Must be willing to work in restricted spaces and in a variety of oils, coolant, and other materials.
· Familiarity with forklifts, hoists and a variety of support equipment beneficial
· Able to stoop, climb, bend and lift up to 50 lbs
· Must be a self-starter, positive thinker, team player and able to contribute to improvements and problem solving
· Must be able to work a variety of hours with some overtime when necessary
· Must be available, if needed, to work flexible hours to complete repairs of down machines, if necessary.
Hoosier Pattern, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
All common areas are disinfected twice a day. HPI practices social distancing, whenever possible. Employee temperatures are scanned twice daily
Work Location: One location