Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Responsible for purchasing, maintaining adequate inventory levels and availability of supplies.
1. Processes purchasing of specialty supplies required for patient care in the Invasive Cardiology in order to ensure continuity of daily operations. 20%
2. Maintains necessary inventory levels at operating room warehouse to ensure the continuity of daily operations. 10%
3. Maintains accurate records for inventories, orders, returns/exchanges, and repairs in order to document cost effective utilization of resources. 10%
4. Supervises the storage, control and issuance of supplies to ensure the continuity of daily operations.10%
5. Assists in the evaluation/inservicing of new products and equipment. 10%
6. Assists in the preparation and monitoring of the non-salary budget to achieve cost containment and optimum financial performance. 10%
7. Monitors advanced scheduling of cases to ensure the availability of special equipment and supplies for the continuity of daily operations. 10%
8. Monitors, maintains and updates the pricing of the charge capture process in order to optimize reimbursement and to validate price increases.10%
9... Performs other duties as assigned. 10%
10. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
8 hour day 3 days per week variable
Cardiac Cath Lab
- Significant manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Very Heavy effort. May exert up to 50 lbs. force
- Some exposure to dirt, odors, noise, human waste, etc.
- Some occupational risk
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.