Guthrie's Ace Hardware is a family owned and operated retail business with three locations in middle Tennessee. Founded in 1951 and now being owned and operated by the third generation of Guthrie's. We are a family run business that treats all of our team members like family. Our mission is to create an enjoyable environment to work or to shop, where daily lives are improved and personal growth is inspired.
As a shift leader, you’ll play a critical role in promoting sales while ensuring that all customers receive high levels of customer service consistent with our Ace helpful brand. This includes training and monitoring the progress of the sales associates and cashiers in establishing and achieving set retail objectives based upon the company standards and policies thereby creating a culture based on service, promotions and sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide a positive representation of Guthrie's Ace Hardware.
- Proactively assist customers in solving problems.
- Greet customers entering and throughout the store. Thank customers when finished and when they are leaving the store.
- Possess a friendly outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Ensure all pages and calls are answered promptly, courteously and effectively.
- Forward any customer complaint that cannot be handled to a member of management.
- Possess strong product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Assist customers throughout the store with personal, customized service based on the premise of amazing every customer, every time.
- Assist in creating a positive, professional and safe work environment.
- Assist with receiving, checking in and stocking of merchandise throughout the store.
- Assist with maintaining back stock levels.
- Assist with daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise area.
- Assist with providing a clean and orderly sales floor, including end caps and ad merchandise.
- Assist with merchandise resets through the store.
- Provide assistance to Department Specialists, i.e. price changes, special orders.
- Ensure signage is current throughout the store.
- Operate forklift with proper training.
- Communicate any Store Support Center issue to General Manager for follow up.
- Communicate any merchandising, cost control or sales idea to General Manager.
- Participate in store meetings.
- Be professional in appearance and actions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Other Essential Requirements
Strong background in customer service and leadership
Hardware background helpful but will train the right candidates
Excellent interpersonal, communication and follow through skills
High School or GED equivalent.
Formal retail experience preferred.
Standing, walking, lifting (up to 40lbs) and climbing.