Manage, organize, and participate in the daily dining service activities. Must demonstrate hands on personnel management, customer service, leadership, and have a strong desire and ability to achieve Department and University goals. Perform all responsibilities at a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Ability to determine and clearly, proactively, and concisely communicate orally and in writing work assignments and expectations.
- Participate in the corrective action process with authority to provide counseling, oral warning, and written warnings.
- Understand scheduling and make adjustments including authorizing and assigning overtime and to call in off-duty staff as needed.
- Participate in the hiring process including interviewing of prospective applicants and participate in hiring decisions.
- Train, instruct, and assess performance of job duties.
- Proactively respond to inquiries and needs of employees and customers.
- Ensure accurate time management for employees.
- Assign and reassign employees to meet operational needs.
- Perform and carry out annual evaluation of those whom they supervise.
- Understand and demonstrate pro-active fiscal management responsibilities.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of operational equipment. Communicate equipment problems via established protocol.
- Ensure high quality food presentation, sanitation, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure proper inventory levels as assigned.
- Supervise and monitor cashier functions, operation, and reports before,during, and after meal periods.
- Perform necessary record keeping as directed such as sales reports, register reports, product movement, attendance and performance records, equipment maintenance, and payroll.
- Manage, supervise, coordinate, and participate in catered events which may be in operating unit or other locations on campus as directed.
- Assist with planning and execution of special events and catered functions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
023109 - BCDS Corcoran Commons
00012013 - Assistant Manager/Corcoran Common
Recruiting for multiple positions.
Full-Time Equivalent Hiring Range:
$45,650 to $57,050; salary commensurate with relevant experience.
Bachelor's degree preferred, Associate's Degree required or equivalent combination of experience. Computer literacy is desirable. Serv Safe Food Safety Certification.
Three- to five-years food and beverage experience in progressively responsible positions. Supervisory experience with ability to motivate. High quality standards as well as exceptional knowledge of food service procedures and practices.
Ability to manage and work effectively with students, faculty, and staff clientele in high volume and fast-paced environment. Must have outstanding communication, human relations, and interpersonal skills and be able to coordinate and gain the cooperation of a large and diverse staff. Bilingual English/Spanish skills helpful. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends throughout the year. Self motivated, highly energetic, organized, and results-oriented professional.
Boston College conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
Boston College is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of any legally protected category including disability and protected veteran status. To learn more about how BC supports diversity and inclusion throughout the university please visit the Office for Institutional Diversity at http://www.bc.edu/offices/diversity.