- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Driving Experience
- Microsoft Word
- OTR Driver
Responsible for all aspects of the Hutt Trucking Driver Recruiting including, sourcing,screening, scheduling, interviewing, assessment as well as supporting the hiring and on-boarding process. This position continuously develops alternate avenues to attract and retain key talent and maintain a talent pool of available, qualified Drivers to support Hutt Trucking’s Fleet Transportation needs. This position actively works in a team-oriented and cooperative manner with Hutt's internal and external, stakeholders to proactively provide leadership for Driver Staffing needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works on-site in Holland office.
- Develops recruitment strategy to attract applicants for Local, OTR and Regional driver staffing.
- Researches and recommends new sourcing methods for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Develops strategies for and performs searches to identify qualified candidates according to relevant job criteria, by networking, use of internet resources, outbound calls, job fairs, advertising and social media.
- Evaluates and interviews applicants using a consistent set of qualifications to ensure minimum requirements are met.
- Maintains standards as outlined in Company’s internal policies and related safety standards in regards to the minimum qualifications for, and the hiring of, drivers.
- Actively and responsively communicates with prospective candidates throughout the recruiting process.
- Sets and achieves goals for conducting telephone and personal interviews with prospective candidates.
- Completes background checks including personal records, MVR, Drug/Background Screens, DAC Reports and validates relevant, applicable driving experience as represented by candidates.
- Actively communicates and updates key internal managers and stakeholders on status of driver prospects, pending new hires, scheduled orientation dates and on-boarding processes.
- Actively stays current with internal and external (i.e. DOT/FMCSA and insurance partners) needs to understand minimum driver qualification requirements.
- Ensures recruitment/retention policies and best practices are followed. Advises and makes thought-out recommendations related to recruitment trends and retention initiatives.
- Anticipates Company’s forecast needs by maintaining an active pipeline of qualified candidates by building relationships with diverse applicant resources.
- Shares weekly dashboard update using Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) of recruiting activity status.
- Provides ongoing communication to Management team regarding feedback, concerns and recommendations to enhance Company’s ability to attract talent.
- Periodically benchmarks and assess Hutt Driver Compensation, Bonus, and Benefits offerings to assure competitiveness within the local and regional area specific to Hutt Trucking.
- Performs other duties from time to time as assign
- Associates Degree (Bachelor Degree, preferred) in Human Resources, or equivalent formal training.
- A Minimum of 5 years of experience in an HR Recruiting environment, preferably with Truck Drivers.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of Transportation industry and Federal (DOT/FMCSA) requirements.
- Strong technical knowledge of Department of Transportation (D.O.T) and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) rules and regulations related to truck drivers.
- Strong demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel products.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move office products and supplies, up to 35 pounds.
Hutt Trucking and Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.
Job Type: Full-time
- recruiting: 5 years (Preferred)