Expand yourself -- and your potential to succeed! We are a leading solutions company providing mission critical systems for the electrical power distribution industry. Join our staff of motivated, forward thinking individuals and thrive in an atmosphere of learning and teaching.
3-5 years of hands on experience in field service and test engineering in the power distribution industry. In depth experience with power control systems, PLCs, ladder logic, wiring diagrams, and schematics is a must. Experience with protective relays, generators, Deif AGC controllers and B&R HMI’s is a plus.
- Perform complex mechanical and electrical tests to ensure that physical characteristics, mechanical operations, and electrical functions conform to design and industry standards.
- Verify Sequence of Operation for sophisticated Power Distribution Equipment.
- Perform complex Factory Witness Tests in a fast pace environment.
- Travel to customer sites to install, commission, maintain, troubleshoot, or perform field measurements of electrical switchgear.
- Assesses defects and malfunctions and makes recommendations for improvement to Mechanical Engineers, Design Engineers and Management.
- Collaborate with Quality and Engineering to improve test methods and find resolution for problems
- Set up and maintain test equipment.
- Perform Point to Point, Hi-Pot and Current Injection Tests
- Conduct and coordinate proper safety protocol and PPE at all times
- Read and interpret complex electrical schematics and mechanical drawings, recognize components and their functions
- Actively participate in continuous improvement efforts
- Demonstrate collaboration & excellent teamwork skills
- Demonstrates proper judgment, problem solving, troubleshooting and critical decision making
- Work with little or no supervision and pro-actively seek out new work.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues, customers, vendors and management (written or verbal communication)
- Experience with AutoCad, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
- Experience with E-plan a plus
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds without assistance
- Must be able to stand, bend, and lift throughout the course of the work day
- Must be able to work from a ladder or from heights with proper safety equipment
- Must be able to work in occasional extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to travel for extended period of times, up to 50%
- Must be able to travel and work variable work hours (weekends and holidays) as needed to maintain operational responsibilities
- B.S. Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent job experience
- Experience in switchgear, mechanical/electrical system field service testing
- Safety Training in the Power Industry
- Competitive Wages * Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Paid time off * 401K
You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of Electrical Field Service & Test experience do you have?
- How many years of switchgear experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Valid Drivers License?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you authorized to work in the following country: United States?
Job Type: Full-time