Ghost Story Games (formerly known as Irrational Games) is a self-publishing game studio owned by Take-Two Interactive. Our mission is simple: to create immersive, story-driven videogames for people who love games that ask something of them.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
An outsourcing manager with a strong mix of production experience and business acumen. Someone who immerses themselves in the product and identifies where best to provide value in terms of external production support. This individual will have a deep understanding of internal development processes and can construct efficient external development pipelines that realistically and effectively flow into internal development. The outsource manager possesses a wide network of external development resources and knows how to best negotiate, brief and manage them.
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to work on a creatively ambitious project in the immersive sim genre.
A world-class team. We are proud to be home to some of the most talented, smartest, nicest and hardest-working colleagues. We make mistakes sometimes, but we help each other by finding mistakes early and depending on each other to fix them quickly.
We are a core development team of just under 30 people and work closely with specialist outsource groups and contractors when necessary.
Open Communication: Our team members are welcome to join any meeting, and we have a flat structure. Do you have a question or a concern? Just walk up to anyone and ask! Team-based decision making is important to us, regardless of your position – every opinion counts and is considered.
• Flexible Hours: We understand that sometimes people need to juggle work and family life, so we have flexible work hours and a support structure that allows people to work from home if needed. Every Friday is a default WFH day for us, so no meetings planned that day!
The Space: We love our studio space and all the comfortable perks that come with it, such as a fully stocked kitchen (drinks, fruit, snacks, breakfast food), plenty of shops, restaurants and (urgent care) services within walking distance, a game room, a quiet room, outdoor deck, free parking, public transportation connections including the Amtrak train into Boston + NY and maybe, just maybe, we have a bathysphere whiskey bar.
Free Merchandise: Every new employee is welcomed with an onboarding swag package to make sure they blend right in. Additionally, each of our team members can expect to receive a new merchandise item every time one goes live in our fan store. For fans of other Take-Two studios, there is a discounted employee store where you can find the latest games and swag from our sister studios.
On-Site Support: Our world-class IT and Operations teams make sure that you get what you need to do what you do best. They keep us working, fed, hydrated and happy. Full team-catered lunches for new employee welcomes or significant team meetings? Receiving your online shopping orders? Getting you an aspirin when needed? They have your back!
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture. At Ghost Story Games, 96 percent of employees say their workplace is great, which ties us for first spot in the games industry.
• Negotiate and manage contracts. Manage outsourcing budgets. Develop and deploy RFPs. Provide ROIs on potential external development solutions.
• Maintain a strong roster of relevant vendors who are compatible with our development style.
• Create, maintain and communicate meaningful production schedules.
• Establish a flexible and open support pipeline ensuring rapid deployment of external support when necessary.
• Collect and accurately interpret internal feedback, and provide proper feedback to development partners.
• Evangelize the importance, processes and advantages of outsourcing development.
• Support game production when and where necessary, such as during downtimes or when features are mostly or fully outsourced.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Ability to objectively assess deliveries in relation to required specs.
• Aptitude for speaking to the product in terms of goals, needs and quality bar.
• Able to be flexible for the needs of each team and feature, and identify the varying degrees of support that will be required from an outsourcing perspective.
NICE TO HAVE
• Experience with highly systemic content, and an understanding of the unique challenges this brings to a product.
• Art, audio or other relevant content development background.
• Excellent communication, collaboration, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Passion for narrative first-person shooters a plus.
WHEN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION
Please have played or at least be familiar with our legacy games System Shock 2, BioShock and BioShock Infinite.