We are looking for RNs to work in one of our Post-Anesthesia Care Units (PACU).
Our Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) RNs provide care for patients recovering from surgery or general, regional, or local anesthesia. Our PACU RNs must have knowledge of pain medications, anesthesia and life support. An ideal prospective PACU nurse will have post-anesthesia care and Operating Room and/or Critical Care experience.
The Registered Nurse (RN) exhibits and executes Baylor Scott & White Healthâ€™s (BSWH) Values & Behaviors in delivering and coordinating patient care. Utilizing the BSWH nursing professional practice model, the RN is a licensed professional who is responsible for:
- using clinical reasoning
- developing, implementing and evaluating the nursing plan of care
- managing both emotional and physical patients
- assessing patient and family level of understanding to provide effective communication and education
- working collaboratively with medical staff
- providing quality care in a compassionate and professional manner
The ideal candidate for the Registered Nurse (RN) position will be compassionate, caring and experienced in developing/implementing the plan of care for each patient, making recommendations for patient interventions, and collaborating with other health care providers to deliver care and document outcomes. The successful candidate must promote safe passage for their patients by using knowledge of patient needs and the healthcare environment to assist patients to transition through the healthcare encounter without any preventable complications or delays.
- Location/Facility â€Baylor Scott & White Medical Center Waxahachie - North Texas
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations link.
- Specialty/Department/Practice â€ Pre-Op |Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU)
- Shift/Schedule â€ Part Time [ 4days a week] 20hours a week
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nationâ€™s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, itâ€™s accepting a calling!
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- RN license required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required
If you have less than 6 months of experience, we recommend that you apply to our nursing internship program. Internships are available for new graduates and experienced nurses in a variety of specialties. New classes begin in January, June, and September.