- BA/BS degree in relevant field and 5+ years of direct analytics experience, or equivalent combination of degree and experience
- Experience with Tableau Server
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (e.g., complex statements, VBA, conditional formatting)
- Experience leveraging analytical data warehouses (i.e. SQL, dimensional data modeling, experience with ETL, etc.)
Do you love data? Do you get a thrill out of fixing complex problems? Are you looking to use data to influence business strategy?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, personable, and detail-oriented Business Analyst to help drive customer acquisition, activation, and paid digital media programs.
The AWS cloud computing platform is used today by millions of businesses and developers around the world, ranging from start-ups to Fortune 50 enterprises. Cloud computing is arguably one of the most impactful developments in technology within the last 20 years. AWS is a pioneer and leader in the fast growing field of cloud computing. As our new Business Analyst, you will lead the charge on designing forecasting models that determine how we invest in Customer Acquisition, Activation, and Paid Digital Media channels, reduce cycle times and optimize workload. You will help us establish goals and KPIs. You can shape the future data road-map for the Global AWS Acquisition team. Your goal is to develop reporting processes and dashboards to identify key parts of the business that we should invest more in or pull back from. This will include proposing new strategies and working closely with our finance partners and field marketing teams. This isn’t easy – much of this work will be starting from scratch or attempting to tie together varied best practices across decentralized, global teams.
You must be comfortable with balancing strategic thinking with tactical, detailed execution while working independently, sorting through ambiguously defined problems, and identifying market challenges and opportunities for our customers.
You won’t be alone in this venture. Our broader marketing team includes other business intelligence and data engineers — all of whom will be partners for you in realizing our vision and enabling the growth at Amazon that’s critical for our customers. You’re just right for this role because you like diving into data, learning new tools and having a global impact!
- Day to Day operations reporting
- Develop new metrics and goals for global customer acquisition, activation and paid digital media team
- Collect and analyze data from large data sets from multiple sources
- Write narratives and business justification of reports and analysis to influence stakeholders and drive decisions
- Drive the analysis and measures for paid digital media efforts to include marketing campaign analysis for paid search, paid social media, and paid display campaigns
- Build and maintain strong partnerships data engineers, data scientists, and other operations and analytics stakeholders
- Model data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment
- Graduate degree in statistics, decision-making sciences, or related field or 10+ years of professional experience with a heavy emphasis on data and analytics
- Experience in analytical intensive roles within digital marketing, sales, consulting, or operations
- Project management experience
- Tableau certification (Qualified Associate or Certified Professional)
- Advanced proficiency with multiple statistical software packages (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS, AMOS, MPlus, STATA)
- Ability to conduct advanced statistical techniques such as structural equation modeling, survival analysis, social network analysis, and/or cluster analysis
- Business-relevant knowledge of AWS Big Data technologies, like RedShift, S3, Aurora, Data Pipeline, QuickSight, Kinesis etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document and report preparation
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Ability to create, maintain and disseminate information to stakeholders for multiple projects/work streams at one time
- High degree of accuracy and expertise in the use of leading edge tools for all data creation, research, and analyses
- Proven experience manipulating large sets of data, summarizing into metrics, and conducting appropriate statistical tests (e.g., regression, t-test, chi-square)
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing priorities
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.