Katerra is a technology company transforming property development, design, and construction—from start to finish. We are building an entirely new kind of company that brings together expertise in design, technology, material sourcing, manufacturing, and construction as a single integrated offering.
With this unique approach, we have the opportunity to design and build beyond compromise. Beautiful, efficient, sustainable–we can do it all. The era of design concessions is over.
At Katerra, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of Katerra's cultural principles is Diversity. We believe different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Katerra does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Katerra encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.
Business Intelligence Analyst
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of data and how it impacts the business. The person must have a strong desire to learn many parts of the business including, supply chain, finance, manufacturing, and construction. Candidate must have advanced knowledge of excel, financial acumen, and project management experience. Candidate must have a strong work ethic, the ability to see a business need and champion projects to fulfill that need with minimal supervision. The candidate must be comfortable seeking out information from internal stakeholders to perform ad-hoc analysis such as ROI, Should Cost, RCA. The candidate must be detail oriented, organized, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist and lead operational priorities and ad hoc projects related to company data and business processes
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to assess the potential value of continuous improvement initiatives
- Build user friendly data models that communicate valuable business insights
- Interface with other business units to improve collaboration and communication
- Research and learn unfamiliar concepts related to construction and technology
- It is a must that candidate can manage work towards deadlines
- Assist team on other projects as needed
Required Skills & Experience
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree or higher at an accredited university with 2 to 3 years' experience as a business analyst in supply chain or operations
- Deep understanding of the intersection of data and business decision making
- Desire to learn and understand many technology platforms related to construction, supply chain, and manufacturing
- Proficient using Tableau, Lumira, Power BI, SAP Business Objects
- Ability to work in cross functional teams in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite; experience with advanced excel functions, and VBA required, Python or R a plus but not required
- Experience building financial and optimization models in excel
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to set priorities while managing multiple projects concurrently
- Desire to grow and learn in an innovative, fast paced startup
- Experience or knowledge of construction a plus but not required
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.