The Home Depot Design Center Kitchen & Bath Production Designer creates CAD (Computer Aided Design) layouts, detail drawings, assembly drawings, sketches and diagrams for designer projects using 2D and 3D design. The Kitchen & Bath Production Designer helps professional designers capture ideas, inspire innovation, and streamline processes. By providing end-to-end solutions, the Kitchen & Bath Production Designer utilizes 2020 and other software to be more efficient, integrated, and productive. The Kitchen & Bath Production Designer must be able to assist Designers so that they may inspire the imagination of clients. Specifically, the Kitchen & Bath Production Designer will assist Designers by creating the customer presentation packet, and the installation packets to provide technical information, and revise designs for kitchen, bathroom, and office projects.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
60%- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs. Creates customer presentation and the installation packets, making revisions as needed. Creates and revises production drawings (i.e., detail and assembly drawings, checking dimension of parts, materials to be used). Draws finished designs from sketches and Designer notes. Periodically meet with designer and customers for design collaboration and possible revisions.
30%- Meets with Designers to translate customer design needs to 2020 design layouts. Inspires the imagination of clients with customer presentation packets that accelerate decision-making and order placement . Provides Designers with technical information, as needed. Answers Designers questions regarding Technical aspects of the project design.
10%- Seeks knowledge to stay informed of new software, product lines, and services. Routinely develops skills in related areas of expertise. Stays abreast of industry trends, government regulations, building materials, design terminology and trends.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Order Management Supervisor.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diplomas and/or GED.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a Associates degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (kitchen and bath)
- Proficiency using 2020 software
- Coursework toward completion of the NKBA's, CKD, CBD Certification, or similar certification
- Strong problem solving skills with creativity
- Expert in Microsoft PowerPoint
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to read blueprints
- Knowledge of space planning, building materials, design terminology and government regulations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with designers and installers with various levels of technical knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Action Oriented
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus