Full Job Description
Print Ad Sales Team Member
Edible DC Magazine is seeking an experienced media salesperson with print ad experience for our award-winning magazine which covers the local food scene in DC. We are a quarterly magazine with competitive print and digital rates with a robust social media following. Our writing and design are top-notch and our 2020 reader survey shows a high-income, well-educated readership.
We need a team member to report to our Director of Ad Sales who can engage new clients and deliver results.
Great commission, perks and even better, work from home with this opportunity.
Send a resume that details your experience and results.
Responsibilities include calling businesses and other potential advertisers to sell advertising programs with our company. This includes selling print, digital and event sponsorships to businesses which requires quoting prices, preparing sales contracts, filling out advertising insertion orders and working closely with the editorial team. On some occasions you will need to help clients develop and design ad copy with the help of Edible DC designers. Additionally, the sales team member will assist in servicing existing clients, invoice sales clients and ensure the revenue is collected.
Commission is 20% of ad sales.
- You must be passionate about the magazine and excited about becoming part of the team
- A strong interest in food and the local food movement
- Experience in media ad sales, telemarketing, making high volumes of calls and follow-up
- Strong relationship building abilities and a proven track record of the ability to build successful campaigns for your client
- Ability to telework and be a successful working on your own with support
Job Type: Commission
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)