POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for recruiting staff for GGW’s retail stores and other positions as directed, and supporting the New Hire Orientation process. This position is responsible and will be held accountable for behaving in accordance with divisional and organizational RISE values and expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify qualified candidates for open positions by reviewing applications/resumes and use independent judgment to determine what candidates should be selected to proceed in the process.
2. On own initiative, conduct initial phone interviews for hourly associates and use independent judgment to make recommendations to hiring managers to select for in-person interviews.
3. Schedule, coordinate, and track in-person interviews, background checks, drug screenings, and conduct reference checks.
4. Open, track, and close positions in the applicant tracking system.
5. Counsel Retail store managers and all hiring managers on the use of the applicant tracking system and helps train new managers on its use.
6. On own initiative, maintain a pool of available candidates to fill positions by using independent judgment to conduct outreach through various recruitment methods such as web-based tools, community centers, job fairs and collaborations with local resources.
7. Assist applicants with completing the online application process.
8. Perform other duties as directed by management.
*This position sometimes requires travel to and from off-site retail locations throughout MD, DC and VA.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ability to field and follow up on questions from managers and candidates using independent judgment.
2. Provides administrative and delivery support to the Human Resources department by assisting with the New Hire Orientation process and other training initiatives as needed.
3. Occasionally travel to other GGW sites on tasks related to the position.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
1. Associate’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
2. Two years of recruitment and significant administrative experience.
3. Ability to manage multiple position openings concurrently.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of web based recruiting systems.
5. Excellent customer service and employee relations skills.
6. Strong written and oral communication skills.
7. Strong interpersonal skills.
1. Knowledge of Ceridian Recruiting System.
2. Previous recruiting experience with a specialty in either retail or other entry level positions.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Recruitment: 2 years (Required)