The Security Programs organization, within the Corporate Information Security (CIS) office, is responsible for an
The Standard LMPeople Job Description is not visible to candidates but may be used to aide the composition of the Job Description. Job Description is published on LMCareers when the req is posted and is visible to internal and external candidates.
enterprise-wide portfolio of programs / projects to enhance the security posture of Lockheed Martin’s unclassified information networks. LM systems and networks are constantly under attack and must be continuously defended. To ensure success, defensive mechanisms must be an integral part of the design and implementation of systems and networks across the enterprise. In addition, capabilities must be deployed to successfully react and respond to threats and attacks. Security capabilities must continually evolve, in response to emerging threats and technological advances, in order to decrease the risk of information loss and operational compromise.
To address these concerns, the Security Programs organization is responsible for successfully coordinating several critical activities across the CIS organization: - Strategic Program Planning: - Maintain strategic view of overall business objectives and Security programs - Establish overall prioritization criteria and process for making decisions project recommendations - Support the corporate decision-making process for selecting, optimizing and executing projects - Conduct scenario planning and analysis to justify proposed program selection
- Portfolio Management: - Conduct portfolio-level management and reporting for the overall security programs portfolio - Prioritize the execution and delivery of programs and projects - Ensure programs and projects are timed & conducted within the capacity of available resources - Ensure all security programs and projects add value to the organization Manage portfolio level risks and opportunities for all security programs and projects
- Program Management: - Implement, maintain & support the effective & efficient execution of security programs & projects - Ensure stakeholder engagement in security programs and projects - Report security program and project performance results and status, regularly - Ensure corporate program and project management processes are followed
This position will successfully apply a broad understanding of program / project management concepts, lifecycles, policies, procedures and standards.
This position will:
- Plan and manage execution of and transition between all program phases, including proposal development, authorization to proceed (ATP), program startup, program execution, transition to sustainment, and program closure. - Establish and maintain a program management plan and a subcontract management plan as necessary. - Establish and maintain program plans and schedules. - Ensure that the program team is staffed with the skill sets required to meet program objectives. - Ensure timely and thorough requirements development, communication, traceability, baselining, configuration control, validation and verification involving all program stakeholders including developers, customers, users, and suppliers. - Achieve program performance, cost, schedule, quality, objectives. - Establish and maintain approved technical, cost, schedule, and resource baselines. - Implement a Program Performance Management process, including the application of Earned Value Management (EVM) principles as necessary. - Implement a risk and opportunity management plan and process. - Implement data management and configuration management processes. - Measure performance with forward-looking performance metrics.
A successful candidate must be capable of juggling numerous tasks at once often with conflicting priorities.
A successful candidate must be able to work collaboratively and across organizations.
- Program / project management training and applied experience in: - Program Planning - Program Controls (e.g. EVM) - Performance Planning & Management - Baseline Management - Technical - Cost - Schedule - Risk & Opportunity Management - Financial Management - Sub-contract Management - Stakeholder Communications
- AGILE Program Management Expertise; applied knowledge; scrum master, product owner, product manager role experience/understanding
- AGILE tools experience (i.e. JIRA, Kanban, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with information security standards and policy
- Experience developing information security requirements
- Experience planning, coordinating and supervising all activities related to the integration of business processes, IT solutions, or business policies into the organization
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks as necessary
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders at various levels of leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with demonstrated commitment to personal excellence and teamwork
- Able to work overtime and multitask, outstanding interpersonal skills
- Able to support moderate business travel (USA)
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)
- Project management professional PMP
- Agile Certification (Scrum Master, Product Owner, etc.)
- Certified Project Manager CPM - CISSP Certification
- DoD S or TS preferred
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.