Asset Protection Unit (APU) seeks an IT professional to join our team as the Director of Information Technology. APU is growing exponentially and we look for engaged, enthusiastic, and excited folks to join our leadership team. The Director of IT will ensure that all information technology operations are carried on smoothly and effectively. They will also develop IT strategies and provide sound advice to senior management on all related subjects.
Reporting directly to senior leadership, the IT Director’s role will focus primarily (almost exclusively) on identifying and implementing tools and technological solutions that drive improved business results; either increasing revenue, decreasing expense, or improving operational efficiency. Compensation will be driven in large part by measuring these results.
The Director of IT must be an experienced professional with deep knowledge of all matters concerning information technology as it relates to business operations. This senior position will manage programs and lead staff while maintaining a strong strategic mindset and contributing to all team initiatives set by senior management.
- Overseeing all technical aspects of day to day operations in alignment with business goals.
- Ensure all IT devices and systems are in working order so as to optimize operations.
- Lead all IT project.
- Communicate with senior level staff/IT located throughout APU’s clients.
- Directing the effective delivery of networks, development, and disaster recovery systems and processes.
- Working to find solutions to enhance and improve business activities.
- Supervising team members, while working closely with management and external vendors
- Manage outsourced IT Company (Currently Axigent Technologies).
- Manage Internal APU Resource(s) (Need to identify first resource)
- Manage outsource IT vendor work queue.
- Manage internal IT work queues, which include outsourced items.
- Oversee the currency and regular upgrading of all APU business systems and operational equipment.
- Develop and deploy an internal business equipment and systems support and troubleshooting position.
- Prepare financial budgets and presenting proposals for capital projects.
- Control Costs related to IT expenditures.
- Research and recommend new products to meet business needs
- Implement, document and describe new software, processes and systems as they are acquired.
- Lead efforts to improve IT processes
- Set vision and strategy for enabling a highly efficient workforce, including evaluating tools for productivity.
- Establish and maintain companywide security policies and procedures to protect APU internal systems and data.
- Prepare company for HITRUST certification and work with auditor to complete the HITRUST certification and interim review every year.
- Plan, prioritize, and coordinate HITRUST mandated projects.
- Ensure cyber controls and monitoring are in place to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data and systems both internal and external.
- Standardize, document, maintain, and automate where possible cyber processes for monitoring, analysis, and response to cyber incidents.
- Lead the development, ongoing improvement and maintenance of the cyber security architecture.
- Maintain security log infrastructure to monitor, analyze, and respond to log anomalies. Conduct packet capture analysis and ensure the logging infrastructure is monitored for risk to APU information.
- Create, organize and manage all IT documentation.
- Phone system management (documentation and training)
- Lead the team providing IT services, including Active Directory, email, system monitoring, password resets, duo-authentication, staff access to documentation, etc.
- Collaborate and work through development projects when needed
- Ability to work semi-autonomously. Strong decision making, time management, and customer service skills are essential.
- Ability to present administrative, technical, and operational information clearly and effectively through oral and written communication and reporting.
- Ability to document process and effectively train others by their use.
- Ability to continuously assess, improve, and provide feedback for existing tech related process, systems, tools and procedures.
- Strong teamwork skills, including interaction with end users and operations personnel.
- Verifiable experience as an IT leader.
- Experience in project management.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives.
- Excellent knowledge of HITRUST controls.
- Thorough knowledge of IT management principles and best practices.
- Business acumen partnered with attention to the technical detail.
- Highly developed organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- At least 5 years’ experience as a IT leader for a company with at least 50 employees
- Bachelor’s degree required in CIS, business administration or related field.
- IT certification (CISM, CEH, CISSP, CSEC, CompTIA) is helpful, but not required.
- Working knowledge of the equipment and services provided by APU
- Extensive experience with intrusion detection/prevention, log management and analysis, event motorizing and incident response.
- Understanding of Cisco firewalls, Windows 7 & 10, Wyse then clients, Windows server 2008 and newer, Microsoft exchange, Microsoft office 2013 and newer (Office 365), Wrike project management software. Other’s TBD (Must be able to research)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time position. APU’s hours are 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Friday. This position requires some work time outside of normal business hours.
Occasional travel may be required.
There will be an attractive compensation package that is commensurate with experience. APU offers a full suite of benefits for full time employees. Those benefits include medical, dental, vision, life, ltd, 401(k), massages, paid time off and holiday pay. Join our growing team based exclusively in Amarillo!
APU is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates selected will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation (drug test, credit check, reference verification) and skills test.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Leadership: 5 years (Required)
- Amarillo, TX 79106 (Required)