Speed Society is an ambitious group of digital marketing experts, that have built the largest automotive network in the world. We are looking to add a Sr. Engineer / Intern to add to our team who wants to learn and brings chops to the table. You have not seen traffic like ours, most likely so a lot of what you know and have known may or may not even work. We currently work exclusively in WordPress, but are looking to make a major switch to the Shopify Platform and are primarily focused on E-commerce and Subscription box. We have no turn over in 5 years, this is an additional position under our CTO. We are all Rockstars within Speed Society and expect you to be at the top of your game with no bad habits but rather an open mind to learning and contributing to the team.
MUST BE WILLING TO MOVE OR COMMUTE TO SAN DIEGO (mandatory in house)
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Proficiency in the WordPress framework and Building Themes/Plugins from scratch.
- Experience developing e-Commerce based websites in the Shopify platform.
- Experience in developing responsive websites from photoshop files.
- Experience developing sites across multiple platforms including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
- Experience building entire websites, creating standalone landing pages, and updating existing sites.
- Experience in site optimization for increased performance and reduced load times using tools like Lighthouse, PageSpeed and GTMetrix.
- Ability to troubleshoot and debug issues
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Experience in e-Commerce websites, payment gateways, PCI Compliance, Logistics.
- Familiarity with REST API’s, and general knowledge of marketing automation tools are a plus.
- Prefer SEO/SEM understanding and experience
- Website Development
- Data management and System Maintenance in High Traffic Environments.
- Network/Firewall Management
- Page & Platform Optimization
- Manage day-to-day activity in a detail-oriented and organized way
- Stay up to date and transfer knowledge of best practices and latest developments in Website design & development
- Regular interaction with the team to ensure satisfaction and to continually refine and evolve systems to fit overall business goals
- Location: Our team is currently working remotely during quarantine, but this position will be located in our San Diego office. We are only considering San Diego-based candidates.
- Job Type: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Job Title: Sr. Web Engineer
- Hours: 9am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday
- 3 Years of Experience in Developing for the WordPress Platform
- 2 Years of Experience in Developing for the Shopify Platform
- Professional proficiency in English
- Experience in G Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, etc.)
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma, just be an absolute ROCKSTAR
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance
- Wordpress: 2 years (Required)
- Shopify Platform: 2 years (Preferred)
- Woo commerce: 2 years (Preferred)
- shopify: 2 years (Required)
- San Diego, CA 92121 (Required)
Visa Sponsorship Potentially Available:
- No: Not providing sponsorship for this job
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible