DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Implements treatment programs as established by supervising Physical Therapist.
2. Communicates patient`s performance and response to treatment to Physical Therapist.
3. Recommends modifications in treatment program and goals based on patient`s response to treatment.
4. Maintains timely and accurate patient records.
5. Cooperate / collaborate with members of the medical treatment staff regarding patient`s treatment and progress.
6. Ensure proper scheduling of patients to maximize utilization of time and equipment.
7. Participate in individual and staff development.
8. Demonstrates ICARE Values.
9. Demonstrates Customer Service Standards.
10. Follows all safety rules on the job.
11. Performs other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapist Assistant approved by the Council of Medical Education in collaboration with the American Physical Therapy Association.
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS Minimum of 1 year of experience. Will consider new grads who have demonstrated exceptional skill and experience during student clinical affiliations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Current Texas license as a Physical Therapist Assistant. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Demonstrates good communication skills and interpersonal skills.
2. Has specialized knowledge and skill in areas of acute care, orthopedics, wound care and /or aquatic treatments.
3. Demonstrates good computer skills; knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Work and Excel programs.