Description: Manages the day to day business functions for Southmayd Home; provides administrative and clerical support to the Executive Director.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Status: Non-exempt, hourly; 32 hours per week
- Accurately processes and records all sources of revenue, payments and disbursements in accordance with Southmayd Home policies and following best practice accounting procedures.
- Produces monthly financial statements and keeps Executive Director informed of any fiscal concerns such as late payments.
- Assists with financial audits
- Manages and processes weekly payroll and all payroll related functions including, but not limited to vacation and sick time, employee group insurance benefits, 401(k) plan), wage garnishments.
- Assist in scheduling Resident Care, Kitchen, Laundry and Housekeeping and Maintenance staff in accordance with the budgeted number of staff hours; ensures that schedules will allow effective and efficient operations.
- Provides administrative, clerical and desktop publishing support to the Executive Director and other departments.
- Maintains and circulates the resident roster updates regularly to all departments.
- Maintains adequate supply of materials and office supplies for the facility in accordance with purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
- Acts as “person-in-charge” when Executive Director is not on-site
- Pay supplier invoices and any debt that comes due in a timely manner
- Take all applicable discounts on supplier invoices
- Record cash receipts and make bank deposits as needed
- Ensure that receivables are collected promptly
- Conduct a monthly reconciliation of all accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Maintain the petty cash fund
- Prepare monthly financial statement and analysis for the ED
- Maintain an orderly filing system
- Maintain a chart of accounts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to the ED
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements
- Record resident family and financial information
- Accurately process and maintain records of monthly resident billing for all services
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned by the ED
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as required, to support our mission of providing, “to self-sufficient women over the age of 60, a residence that is safe and nurturing in a family-like atmosphere.”
- Assists, as requested, in organization events including fund raising events.
- Attends in-service and other training as requested and required.
- Complies with the Resident’s Bill of Rights.
- Maintains residents’ confidentiality and respects privacy; treats residents with dignity and respect at all times.
- Maintains employees’ confidentiality and respects privacy.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Associate’s Degree in accounting degree
- Two to three years office management and accounting/bookkeeping experience; one year payroll experience.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and habits, ability to multitask.
- Excellent computer skills; competence in Microsoft Office, email and Internet.
- Must speak and understand English.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Job Type: Full-time